Claremont Bus Accident Attorneys
Claremont Bus Accident Attorneys
While taking the bus offers a convenient and cost-effective way to get around Claremont, there are certain risks. Passengers end up getting seriously injured as a result of bus accidents and onboard mishaps on a regular basis. When these impact you or a family member, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. With decades of combined experience representing people in these types of cases, you can count on our Claremont bus accident attorneys to protect your rights when dealing with bus companies and their insurers. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Claremont Bus Accident Attorneys Represent
Many residents and college students rely on local bus service as a primary means of transportation. Through the Claremont Transit Center, you can take Metrolink or Foothill Transit buses to places throughout Los Angeles and the surrounding counties. For longer trips, Greyhound buses travel to destinations across the country and the state. While buses can be less expensive and more convenient than driving yourself, it is important to be aware of the potential risks involved. Bus accidents in Claremont happen in a variety of ways and can leave passengers suffering serious and even life-threatening personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help injured victims and their family members get the compensation they need to recover. Cases our Claremont bus accident attorneys represent include:
- Bus accidents involving collisions with fixed objects, other buses, or motor vehicles;
- Rollover bus accidents, which are common when making tight turns or going around sharp curves in the road;
- Bus stop and bus station accidents, which can involve waiting passengers or bicyclists and pedestrians in the area;
- Bus accidents that happen during your trip, such as a slip and fall while boarding, getting struck by objects, or being thrown from your seat.
How Common Are Bus Accidents?
Bus accidents are generally more common than most people think. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), more than 200 major crashes make headlines each year while thousands of other, less severe cases often go unreported. When a bus accident does happen, it is generally due to one of the following:
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding, running red lights, and driving distracted or under the influence;
- Drowsy driving, which is common among bus drivers due to over scheduling;
- Mechanical issues with the bus, which increase the risk of accidents;
- Negligent company policies, such as not providing proper training or supervision of drivers and not punishing them for traffic infractions.
When you suffer injuries in a bus accident due to any of the above or other reasons, our Claremont bus accident attorneys provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim.
How Do I File A Bus Accident Claim In Claremont?
Bus companies have teams of attorneys on their side who are ready to defend them when bus accidents happen. To protect yourself and your rights in seeking compensation, get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours. We can conduct a thorough investigation into your case, gathering the evidence needed, and aggressively negotiating with any insurers involved on your behalf. Our goal is to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements. If the bus company attempts to deny or dispute your claim, our Claremont bus accident attorneys will not hesitate to take them to court. Common types of compensation available under the California Civil Code includes:
- Coverage of your current medical expenses and compensation for future costs you are likely to incur due to your injuries;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and compensation for future losses in income and benefits due to ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain and suffering, as well as for any loss of enjoyment in life your bus accident injuries result in;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order in your case if the bus company or the bus driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
Injuries you suffer in a bus accident could impact you for years into the future, resulting in hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical expenses and lost wages. Why should you have to pay out of pocket for these costs when the bus company or the bus driver was at fault? At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the professional legal representation you need to get the compensation you deserve. As we generally represent clients in these cases on a contingency basis, you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Claremont bus accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.