Construction Project Causes Apartment Fire

On Sunday, an apartment fire that sent three people to the hospital is being blamed on a construction project. The fire happened in a two-story, 28-unit building on Point Loma. According to Fox Channel Five News, the fire happened when volatile vapors exploded during a bathtub-refinishing project.

According to officials with San Diego Fire-Rescue, the vapors were ignited by electrical equipment that was being used by the refinisher. He was taken to the hospital and treated for burns. Two other people, including a San Diego police officer, were taken to the hospital. This two-alarm apartment fire had 60 firefighters working to extinguish the flames. About 20 to 25 people were displaced, and the Red Cross was on hand to assist with temporary housing.

© Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Some images on this site are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.0 License and a Attribution 2.0 License. WP Maintenance