Crenshaw Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Crenshaw Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bicycles provide a primary means of transportation for local residents. Unfortunately, heavy traffic and a lack of designated bike lanes puts them at risk. Bicycle accidents in Crenshaw are common and can result in serious, potentially life-threatening personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you get the compensation you need to recover. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our Crenshaw bicycle accident attorneys provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. With decades’ worth of combined experience, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Crenshaw Bicycle Accident Attorneys Help You Get Compensation For Your Injuries
While LA Metro bike maps show two different bike trails running through the immediate area, bike lanes are not readily available on local roads in Crenshaw. This means that riders must navigate heavy traffic alongside motor vehicles, increasing the risk of bicycle accidents. With little to protect them, injuries suffered are often severe. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Crenshaw bicycle accident attorneys help you get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. Common bike accident injuries suffered by clients in cases we represent include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash, fractured vertebrae, and damage to discs;
- Broken bones, dislocated joints, and multiple fractures;
- Burn injuries, due to contact with road surfaces and hot engine oils or fluids;
- Concussions, skull fractures, and other types of head injuries;
- Crushing injuries, which can cause permanent damage to limbs and internal organs;
- Severe cuts and lacerations, resulting in permanent scarring;
- Soft tissue injuries; such as torn muscles or tendons;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis;
- Traumatic brain injuries, resulting in permanent impairments.
How Do Bicycle Accidents In Crenshaw Happen?
Statistics from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) indicate nearly 4,000 bicycle accidents happen in LA County each year. Considering the amount of traffic and the lack of bike lanes, residents of Crenshaw are at an increased risk. When bicycle accidents in Crenshaw do happen, it is often due to the reckless driving behaviors of motorists. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold them accountable. Common causes in cases our Crenshaw bicycle accident attorneys handle include:
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating and improperly passing bicyclists or swerving into their lanes;
- Distracted driving, such as talking on cellphones or texting;
- Driving under the influence, which can involve alcohol, recreational drugs, or medications;
- Failing to look for bicyclists when opening car doors on side streets or making turns;
- Running red lights and stop signs;
- Speeding and going too fast for road, weather, or traffic conditions.
How Can I Get Compensation For Bicycle Accident Injuries?
When the actions of motorists leave you suffering personal injuries, you have the right to hold them accountable. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can help you file a claim through the at-fault driver’s insurer. If insurance is unavailable or your injuries are severe, our Crenshaw bicycle accident attorneys will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against the driver. Compensation available in this type of claim under the California Civil Code includes:
- Coverage of current medical bills and compensation for any future expenses you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and compensation for future losses in earnings in the event of long term disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for if the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner, such as having a high blood alcohol content (BAC) level.
What If The Driver Flees The Scene?
Hit and run bicycle accidents are unfortunately common in Crenshaw. However, fleeing the scene will not keep our legal team from holding the driver accountable. Actions our Crenshaw bicycle accident attorneys can take in these cases include:
- Talking to eyewitnesses, to get a better description of the driver;
- Reviewing nearby surveillance tapes which can help identify the vehicle;
- Eliciting tips from the public;
- Talking to local mechanics, who the driver may have gone to for repairs.
In these and other types of bicycle accident cases, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers generally work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
Why should you have to pay the costs associated with a bicycle accident when the reckless behavior of others is to blame? At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to helping you get the compensation you need to recover. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Crenshaw bicycle accident attorneys online today.