Crenshaw Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Crenshaw Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Ridesharing services such as Uber and Lyft help you avoid the high costs and hassles of driving in LA and provide a safe way home after a night out drinking, but there are still risks. Uber and Lyft accidents in Crenshaw are common and can happen in a variety of ways. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. help victims get the compensation they need to recover. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our experienced Crenshaw Uber and Lyft accident attorneys provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for our clients. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation.
Get Trusted Legal Guidance From Our Crenshaw Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Uber safety reports focus on how the company experiences a relatively small number of fatal accidents each year but fails to address the high number of non-fatal incidents that happen. When any type of ridesharing accident impacts you or a loved one, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. As experienced Crenshaw Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we protect your rights when dealing with ridesharing drivers and the companies they work for in the following types of cases:
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving other vehicles;
- Single-vehicle Uber or Lyft accidents;
- Injuries that occur during your trip, such as getting thrown from your seat or jolted due to sudden stops;
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving bicyclists and pedestrians.
What Happens If You Are In An Uber or Lyft Accident In Crenshaw?
When an Uber or Lyft accident in Crenshaw happens, there are steps you need to take to protect yourself and your rights in a claim. These include:
- Notify law enforcement immediately so that an accident report can be filed;
- Make note of the exact location of the accident, the time it occurred, and the ridesharing company involved;
- Get names, contact, and insurance information for all drivers and witnesses at the scene;
- Seek medical attention for your injuries, regardless of severity.
Depending on how the accident happened, both the driver and the ridesharing company they work for may be to blame. Before making any statements to insurers or accepting any settlements, contact our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers first.
Who Is Responsible For An Uber or Lyft Accident?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Crenshaw Uber and Lyft accident attorneys can thoroughly investigate your case to determine who was responsible. Among the most common causes include:
- Reckless driving behavior: This includes speeding, aggressive driving, and driving distracted or under the influence on the part of ridesharing drivers or others involved.
- Drowsy driving: Companies such as Uber and Lyft often fail to properly monitor the number of hours drivers work. Heavy schedules make drowsy driving accidents more common.
- Mechanical failures: Driving for Uber or Lyft puts considerable wear and tear on vehicles. Failure to provide proper maintenance increases accident risks.
- Negligence on the part of the ridesharing company: Uber and Lyft are required to provide background checks on drivers and to take other precautions to protect passenger safety. When they fail to do so, they can be held accountable for injuries you suffer as a result.
How Can I Get Compensation For Uber and Lyft Accident Injuries?
If you are injured in an Uber or Lyft accident in Crenshaw, you may be entitled to compensation through insurance policies covering the ridesharing driver, the company they work for, or other motorists involved. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in any settlements. If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, our Crenshaw Uber and Lyft accident attorneys will not hesitate to file a lawsuit on your behalf. Compensation available under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages, which cover actual costs, including both current and future medical expenses and lost wages;
- Non-economic damages, which cover pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for if the ridesharing driver or the company they worked for acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. we are dedicated to getting you the compensation you need to recover from an Uber or Lyft accident. As we generally represent clients on a contingency basis, you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Crenshaw Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.