Crenshaw Slip and Fall Attorneys
Crenshaw Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slip and fall accidents in Crenshaw can happen in a variety of situations. Even in relatively mild cases, injuries you suffer have the potential to be severe. Why should you have to pay the medical costs and other expenses when the property owner is responsible? At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our experienced Claremont slip and fall attorneys provide the professional legal representation you need. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys Help You Get Compensation For Your Injuries
When it comes to personal injuries, slips and falls are one of the leading causes. According to the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI), they send more than eight million people to hospital emergency rooms each year. Even a seemingly minor fall can leave you unable to work while facing a mountain of medical expenses. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you get compensation in a claim. Injuries suffered by clients in cases our Crenshaw slip and fall attorneys represent include:
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Damage to discs or vertebrae in the back or neck;
- Deep cuts and lacerations;
- Head injuries, such as concussions and skull fractures;
- Soft tissue injuries, such as sprains or torn muscles and tendons;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis;
- Traumatic brain injuries, resulting in permanent impairments.
Who Is To Blame When A Slip and Fall Accident Happens?
Slip and fall accidents in Crenshaw can happen in grocery stores, retail establishments, restaurants, office buildings, and other public places. While victims are often quick to blame themselves, negligence on the part of property owners is generally to blame. Property owners have a duty of care in maintaining the premises and in warning visitors when potentially dangerous conditions exist. When they fail in this duty, our Crenshaw slip and fall attorneys help you hold them accountable. According to the National Safety Council (NSC), among the most common causes of slips and falls include:
- Wet, slippery floors due to spills and condensation;
- Torn or frayed carpeting;
- Uneven paving stones or flooring tiles;
- Cluttered aisle and walkways;
- Lack of proper lighting;
- Lack of landscaping;
- Lack of handrails on stairs.
What Should I Do If A Slip and Fall Accident In Crenshaw Happens?
If a slip and fall accident happens, your first step should be to notify the property owner, onsite security, or the police so that an accident report can be filed. You should also make note of exactly where and when it occurred, as well as any witnesses at the scene. Get medical attention as soon as possible, regardless of the severity of your injuries or the symptoms you suffer. Not doing so could impact your health and your rights in filing a claim. After doing all of the above, your next step should be to contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Most property owners have insurance policies in place to cover accidental injuries, such as slips and falls. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our legal team can aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in any settlements. If insurance is not available or your injuries are severe, our Crenshaw slip and fall attorneys will not hesitate to take the property owner to court.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Accident Case Worth?
Each case is different and the exact amount you are entitled to will depend on the circumstances and the severity of your injuries. Common types of compensation you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code includes:
- Coverage of your current medical bills and compensation for any future treatments you require;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and compensation for future losses in income you are likely to suffer due to your injuries;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of a slip and fall accident;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for if the property owner acted in a particularly negligent manner, such as failing to fix a dilapidated staircase or properly secure guardrails at heights.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have decades worth of combined experience representing clients in slip and fall accident cases, We generally work on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Crenshaw slip and fall accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.