Crenshaw Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Crenshaw Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Pedestrian accidents in Crenshaw are common and can result in serious, potentially life threatening personal injuries. Why should you have to pay medical expenses and other costs involved when the reckless actions of drivers are to blame? At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you get the compensation you are entitled to. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, you can count on our experienced Crenshaw pedestrian accident attorneys to take the legal actions needed. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards with millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Crenshaw Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), more than 6,000 pedestrians are injured in Los Angeles County each year. Considering the amount of traffic and the number of people who rely on walking in our area, residents of Crenshaw are at an increased risk. When these impact you or someone you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers helps you get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. Injuries commonly suffered by clients in cases our Crenshaw pedestrian accident attorneys represent include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash and damage to vertebrae or discs;
- Broken bones, which often involve multiple fractures;
- Burn injuries, due to contact with hot engine oils and parts;
- Crushing injuries, causing permanent damage to body limbs or internal organs;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, that can result in infections and permanent scarring;
- Head injuries, resulting in concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Soft tissue injuries, such as torn muscles, tendons, and ligaments;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
What Are The Main Causes of Pedestrian Accidents In Crenshaw?
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health reports that more pedestrian accidents happen in our area than in any other county in the United States. In the majority of cases, the reckless actions of drivers are responsible. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our Crenshaw pedestrian accident attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we determine what happened and who is responsible. Among the main causes of pedestrian accidents in Crenshaw include:
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones and texting while behind the wheel;
- Driving under the influence, which may include alcohol, recreational drugs, or prescription and over the counter medications;
- Drowsy driving, which mimics the same effects as driving under the influence;
- Running red lights and failure to yield, which is a common cause of pedestrian crosswalk accidents;
- Speeding, which increases the risk of pedestrian accidents as well as the likelihood of severe injuries.
How Can I Get Compensation For Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
When reckless drivers leaves you suffering serious injuries, you are entitled to seek compensation in a claim. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can guide you in the options available. If the driver is insured, you can seek compensation through their policy. Our legal team aggressively negotiates with insurance representatives on your behalf, with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in any settlements. If your injuries are severe or the driver is uninsured, our Crenshaw pedestrian accident attorneys can guide you in filing a lawsuit against them. Compensation available under the California Civil Code includes:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and any future care you are likely to require;
- Reimbursement for lost income and future losses in earnings in the event of long term disabilities;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life experience;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for if the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner, such as driving at high rates of speed or with a high blood alcohol content (BAC) level.
Can I Get Compensation For A Pedestrian Hit and Run Accident?
The American Automobile Association (AAA) reports that roughly 20 percent of all pedestrian accidents involve a hit-and-run driver. In these cases, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers take the swift legal actions needed to identify them so they can be held accountable. This includes:
- Reviewing police reports and interviewing officers involved;
- Getting more detailed statements from witnesses;
- Obtaining surveillance footage from nearby stores and traffic signals;
- Soliciting tips from the public and local mechanics, who the driver may have gone to for repairs.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
When pedestrian accidents in Crenshaw happen, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to help you get the compensation you need to recover. We generally represent clients in these cases on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Crenshaw pedestrian accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.