Gilroy Auto Accident Attorneys
Auto accidents in Gilroy leave hundreds of people suffering severe personal injuries each year. When other drivers' reckless and negligent actions are to blame, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you get the compensation you deserve.
Our Gilroy auto accident attorneys have decades’ worth of combined experience representing residents in our area. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Reach out and call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Common Causes In Cases Our Gilroy Auto Accident Attorneys Represent
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), more than 250 people are injured in auto accidents in Gilroy each year. When a crash or collision happens due to the reckless driving of others, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you hold them accountable. Common causes in cases our Gilroy auto accident attorneys represent:
- Aggressive driving, such as cutting other drivers off when passing and tailgating;
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals, such as running red lights or stop signs and failure to yield;
- Distracted driving, such as talking on cellphones, taking pictures, or texting while behind the wheel;
- Driving too fast for conditions, or going over posted speed limits;
- Driving while impaired, such as due to alcohol, recreational drugs, or medications.
What Are Common Auto Accident Injuries In Gilroy?
The Santa Clara County Department of Public Health reports that auto accidents are the leading cause of unintentional injury deaths in our area. Even a relatively minor crash can cause significant harm, impacting victims and their families for years after.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide you with the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. While you focus on your recovery, our Gilroy auto accident attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you deserve. Common car accident injuries suffered by clients include:
- Broken bones, which often involve multiple fractures;
- Burn injuries, which can cause permanent scarring and disfigurement;
- Deep cuts and crushing injuries, resulting in loss of limbs;
- Internal injuries, causing internal bleeding and damage to body organs;
- Soft tissue injuries, resulting in sprained or torn muscles and tendons;
- Spinal cord injuries, causing partial or complete paralysis;
- Traumatic brain injuries, resulting in cognitive impairments;
- Whiplash and other back or neck injuries, resulting in long-term disabilities.
What Steps Should I Take If I Am In A Gilroy Auto Accident?
The California Vehicle Code requires all drivers to stop at the scene of an auto accident resulting in personal injuries or property damages. Once stopped, notify the police immediately to ensure an accident report is filed. Other steps to protect yourself and your rights in filing a claim include:
- Get names, vehicle registration, and license plate numbers for all drivers involved;
- Get names and contact information for any witnesses at the scene;
- Make a note of the exact location and the time the accident happened;
- Take photos or videos of the scene and your damages;
- Seek medical care right away, regardless of the severity of your injuries;
- Follow your doctor’s instructions regarding treatment, follow-up care, and activity restrictions.
Notify your insurer as soon as possible. However, before making any statements or signing any documents, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers first. Our legal team acts as a strong ally on your side in dealing with these companies. We help you get the maximum amount you deserve.
How Do I File A Auto Accident Lawsuit In Gilroy?
Was the at-fault driver uninsured, your claim disputed, or do your total damages exceed coverage limits? Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you file an auto accident lawsuit in Gilroy. We gather the evidence needed and submit the appropriate legal documents through the Santa Clara County Superior Court.
As seasoned litigators, you can count on our Gilroy auto accident attorneys to make convincing legal arguments before the judge or jury in your case. We fight to get you the maximum amount of compensation allowed by law, which may include:
- Economic damages, covering property damages, medical bills, lost wages, and other actual expenses;
- Non-economic damages, compensating you for pain, suffering, scarring or disfigurement, and lost enjoyment in life due to your injuries;
- Exemplary damages, designed to punish the at-fault driver for particularly willful and negligent behavior.
What about hit-and-run auto accidents in Gilroy? At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. we take immediate action to locate the driver so they can be held accountable. As we work on a contingency basis, there are no upfront or out-of-pocket attorney fees.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today And Request A Free Consultation
Auto accident injuries in Gilroy can impact you and your family for years into the future. To get the amount you need to recover in a claim, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. on your side. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today or contact our Gilroy auto accident attorneys online and request a free consultation.