Gilroy Train Accident Attorneys
Train accidents in Gilroy can impact passengers and people waiting at stations, as well as nearby motorists and pedestrians. Unfortunately, personal injuries suffered by victims have the potential to be devastating. To get the compensation you need to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. on your side.
As seasoned litigators with decades’ worth of combined experience, you can count on our Gilroy train accident attorneys to provide the solid legal representation you need in filing a claim. Our top case results show millions of dollars in damages on behalf of our clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Gilroy Train Accident Attorneys Protect You When Injuries Happen
Caltrain’s Gilroy Station offers residents a convenient and cost-effective way to commute. It represents the southernmost point of a route that stretches up through San Francisco and also allows easy access to Amtrak. This can take you to destinations throughout California or across the country.
In addition to passenger trains, more than a dozen freight trains run through our area. All of this creates a significant amount of risk both for train passengers and for local residents. Unfortunately, train accidents in Gilroy happen frequently and can leave people involved suffering severe and potentially life-threatening personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we get you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Our Gilroy train accident attorney protects the rights of clients in the following types of cases:
- Passenger train accidents, such as when rail cars collide with objects, overturn, or jump the tracks;
- Onboard incidents, such as being struck by objects or suddenly jolted and thrown from your seat;
- Train station accidents, such as slips and falls;
- Train crossing accidents, impacting motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
Who Is Responsible When A Train Accident In Gilroy Happens?
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), an average of more than 6,000 people are injured in train accidents each year. Depending on the type of train accident and the severity, victims and their families can suffer impacts for decades into the future.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you get the compensation you are entitled to. While you focus on your recovery, our Gilroy train accident attorneys investigate and determine who is to blame. Common causes in cases we handle and those who may be held responsible include:
- Reckless driving on the part of the train conductor or engineer;
- Mistakes in laying tracks or signaling made by other train company employees;
- Errors on the part of train maintenance crews and parts manufacturers;
- Overscheduling, a lack of oversight, and other acts of negligence on the part of the train company.
Get The Compensation You Are Entitled To For Train Accident Injuries In Gilroy
Negligence is when either an individual, group, or business acts in a way that puts others at risk or does not take reasonable precautions to prevent accidents from happening. When you suffer personal injuries due to negligence on the part of a train company, its employees, or others involved, you have the right to hold them liable for the damages you suffer in a personal injury claim.
The first step in seeking compensation for train accident injuries generally involves dealing with the train company’s insurer. Our Gilroy train accident attorneys have the experience and legal skills needed to aggressively negotiate on your behalf. We are dedicated to helping you get the best possible settlement. If your claim is disputed or your injuries are severe, our legal team will not hesitate to take those at fault to court. Damages available through a train accident lawsuit include:
- Economic damages: This compensates you for actual costs, such as your medical expenses and lost wages.
- Non-economic damages: This compensates you for your pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life due to your injuries.
- Exemplary or punitive damages: This is an additional amount we can push for if the train company or its employees were grossly negligent. It serves to punish them and prevent others from engaging in similar behavior.
Do you have concerns about the cost of hiring a train accident attorney in Gilroy? At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we work on a contingency basis. This means no up-front or out-of-pocket attorney fees. During a difficult time, count on us to help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS For A Free Consultation
Train accidents in Gilroy can cause personal injuries that impact you and your family for years to come. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you get the compensation you need to recover. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, give us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Gilroy train accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.