Gilroy Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Pedestrian accidents in Gilroy pose a significant threat. They can happen in neighborhoods, when walking around the downtown area, and while attending fairs, festivals, and other events. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps victims and families in cases where they occur due to a driver's negligence.
Our Gilroy pedestrian accident attorneys have decades' worth of experience providing the fierce legal representation needed in filing a claim. Our top case results show millions awarded through settlements and court judgments. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Common Causes Of Pedestrian Accidents In Gilroy
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), an average of nearly two pedestrian accidents in Gilroy happen each month. Throughout Santa Clara County, pedestrian accidents leave close to 600 people each year with serious personal injuries. In the majority of cases, reckless drivers are to blame.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Gilroy pedestrian accident attorneys are dedicated to holding at-fault drivers responsible. Let us help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Common causes of pedestrian accidents in cases we handle include:
- Distracted driving, such as texting, talking on cell phones, or changing GPS settings;
- Driving while impaired, which can involve alcohol, recreational drugs, or certain medications;
- Failing to yield at crosswalks, a common cause of pedestrian accidents in Gilroy;
- Running red lights and stop signs, or disregarding other traffic signs and signals;
- Speeding, which increases the risk of potentially fatal pedestrian accident injuries.
Common Types of Pedestrian Accident Injuries In Gilroy
The City of Gilroy Bicycle Pedestrian Commission has made improvements to help keep pedestrians in our area safer. These include adding sidewalks and crosswalks, along with more aggressive law enforcement efforts. Unfortunately, pedestrian accidents continue to happen in parking lots, intersections, and other public places.
Pedestrians are among the most vulnerable road users. With little to protect them, even a relatively minor accident can cause major personal injuries. This are likely to include:
- Back and neck injuries, resulting in permanent damage to vertebrae and discs;
- Broken bones, often involving multiple fractures impacting arms, legs, and hips;
- Deep cuts or crushing injuries, which can cause loss of limbs and damage to internal organs;
- Head injuries, causing concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Soft tissue injuries, such as torn muscles, ligaments, or tendons;
- Spinal cord or column injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
Pedestrian accident injuries in Gilroy can impact your health for years into the future. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Gilroy pedestrian accident attorneys take action to get you the compensation you need to recover.
How Our Gilroy Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Help You
If a pedestrian accident in Gilroy happens, notify law enforcement immediately. Get the driver's contact, vehicle registration, and insurance information, along with the names and phone numbers of witnesses at the scene. Also, be sure and visit the local hospital emergency room or your doctor as soon as possible, regardless of your symptoms.
In the days after, reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers and request a free consultation. Actions our legal team can take on your behalf:
- Contacting insurance companies representing the at-fault driver and aggressively negotiating on your behalf;
- Subpoenaing witness statements, recordings from nearby traffic signals, and other evidence needed in support of your claim;
- Locating those at fault in hit and run pedestrian accidents so that they can be held accountable;
- Taking at-fault drivers and others involved to court and filing a pedestrian accident lawsuit against them if they are uninsured or a reasonable settlement cannot be reached.
How Much Is A Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit In Gilroy Worth?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Gilroy pedestrian accident attorneys are dedicated to getting you the maximum amount you need to recover from your injuries. This will vary based on your injuries and the circumstances surrounding your case. However, common types of compensation available in a pedestrian accident lawsuit filed through the Santa Clara County Civil Court includes:
- Economic damages, compensating you for your current and future medical expenses, lost income, and other tangible costs;
- Non-economic damages, compensating you for your pain, suffering, scarring, disfigurement, and any lost enjoyment in life due to your injuries;
- Exemplary or punitive damages, punishing the at-fault driver for gross negligence, such as driving under the influence or at high rates of speed.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today And Request A Free Consultation
To get the compensation you need to recover from a pedestrian accident in Gilroy, reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers today. We represent injured clients and their families on a contingency basis, meaning no upfront fees. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Gilroy pedestrian accident attorneys online to request a free consultation.