Gilroy Bus Accident Attorneys
Bus accidents in Gilroy cause devastating injuries that can impact your health and your ability to provide for yourself and those you love for years afterward. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. takes action to get you compensation.
Our Gilroy bus accident attorneys protect your rights dealing with bus companies and their insurers. Our top case results show millions of dollars in settlements and jury awards. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS for a free consultation today.
Our Gilroy Bus Accident Attorneys Help You Get Compensation In A Claim
Bus service is readily available through the Gilroy Transit Center. The Rapid 568 runs every 30 minutes to San Jose or you can use San Benito County Transit buses and MST (Monterey-Salinas Transit) for other destinations.
Whether you take the bus to commute, run errands, or get your child to school each day, be aware of the risks. Bus accidents in Gilroy are common and happen in various ways. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help victims get the compensation they need to recover. Our Gilroy bus accident attorneys to act as strong legal advocates on your behalf, protecting your rights in the following cases:
- Bus crashes, involving collisions with other buses, cars, or fixed objects;
- Bus rollover crashes, which can happen when making turns or going around sharp curves;
- Bus passenger accidents, such as suffering a fall or being struck by objects during your trip;
- Bus pedestrian and bicycle accidents, common near bus stops and along routes;
- School bus accidents, causing severe harm to children.
What Are Common Causes of Gilroy Bus Accidents?
Many residents remember the fatal bus accident near Gilroy in 2016, which killed two passengers and left others on board seriously injured. When interviewed by police, the bus driver remembered feeling excessively fatigued right before it happened.
Drowsy driving is a common cause of bus accidents and can mimic the same types of effects as drunk driving. Other common causes include:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights and stop signs;
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating;
- Distracted driving, such as talking on cell phones or texting;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, recreational drugs, or medications.
If you are injured in a bus accident, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Our Gilroy bus accident attorneys can determine why it happened and who is responsible.
What Should I Do If A Bus Accident In Gilroy Happens?
Treat a bus accident like any other type of crash. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team recommends following these steps to protect your health and your rights in filing a claim:
- Notify the bus driver immediately of any onboard incidents;
- Notify the police so they can file a bus accident report;
- In addition to the name of the driver and the bus company, get names/contact information for anyone else involved;
- Gather evidence, such as witness information and photos from the scene;
- Regardless of the severity of your injuries, seek medical care as soon as possible.
You may be contacted by insurers representing the bus company in the days after. Before making any statements, which can be used against you, contact our Gilroy bus accident attorneys first.
Who Is Responsible For Bus Accidents In Gilroy?
Personal injuries you suffer in a bus accident in Gilroy can impact you and your families for years after. Under the California Civil Code, you have the right to hold those at fault responsible. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can guide you in filing a claim against all those involved, including:
- The bus driver;
- The bus company;
- Other passengers or motorists;
- Bus mechanics, manufacturers, and distributors of faulty parts.
Our Gilroy bus accident attorneys can aggressively negotiate with insurance companies involved, helping you get the maximum amount in a settlement. If insurance is unavailable or fails to cover your costs, we will not hesitate to take those at fault to court.
How Much Can I Get In A Bus Accident Lawsuit?
A bus accident lawsuit can entitle you to greater amounts than insurance companies can offer in some situations. Each case is different, and the exact amount will depend on the circumstances. Common types of compensation available in a bus accident lawsuit filed through the Santa Clara County Civil Court include:
- Current medical expenses;
- Future medical care, treatment, and rehabilitative costs;
- Lost wages;
- Future losses in earnings and benefits due to short or long-term disabilities;
- Pain and suffering;
- Scarring, disfigurement, and lost enjoyment in life;
- Punitive damages, punishing those at fault for particularly negligent behavior.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS For A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent clients injured in bus accidents on a contingency basis. This means no upfront costs or out-of-pocket attorney fees. Give us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS today or contact our Gilroy bus accident attorneys online for a free consultation.