Gilroy Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycle accidents in Gilroy can cause devastating personal injuries for you and those you love. These have the potential to be life-threatening. Even when recovery is possible, long-term disabilities often result and impact your ability to work or enjoy favorite hobbies and activities for years to come. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps hold them responsible when other motorists are to blame.
Our Gilroy motorcycle accident attorneys have decades’ worth of combined experience representing clients in these cases. Our top case results reveal our success in obtaining jury awards and settlements totaling millions of dollars. Get our legal team on your side. To request a free case consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Cases Our Gilroy Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Represent
Meetup shows a variety of motorcycle groups and events near Gilroy. Whether you enjoy taking part in these or ride merely as a means of transportation, it is crucial to be aware of the risks bikers face when they are on the road.
Motorcycle accidents in Gilroy can happen in a variety of ways. Often, reckless, aggressive, or otherwise negligent driving on the part of other motorists is to blame. Leading causes in cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers represent include:
- Failing to yield to bikers who have the right of way;
- Following too closely in traffic, otherwise known as tailgating;
- Improper passing and cutting motorcyclists off;
- Running red lights and stop signs;
- Speeding and going too fast for traffic, road, or weather conditions;
- Driving while distracted or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
When a crash or collision does happen, motorcyclists are vulnerable to severe personal injuries. Our Gilroy motorcycle accident attorneys provide the aggressive legal representation you need to get compensation in a claim.
What Are Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries In Gilroy?
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), more than 400 motorcycle accidents in Santa Clara County happen each year. With the amount of traffic passing through Gilroy, riders here are at particular risk. Unfortunately, even a seemingly minor crash or collision can end up causing potentially life-threatening harm. Among the most common types of motorcycle accident injuries in Gilroy include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash, fractured vertebrae, and damaged discs;
- Broken bones, which often involve multiple fractures of the ankles, legs, hips, shoulders, and wrists;
- Burn injuries, as well as road rash;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, causing permanent scarring and amputations
- Head injuries, including concussions, fractured skulls, and traumatic brain injuries;
- Soft tissue injuries, impacting muscles, tendons, and ligaments;
- Spinal cord injuries, capable of causing partial or complete paralysis.
Motorcycle accident injuries in Gilroy can prevent you from working or performing tasks on the job. This can impact your ability to provide financially for yourself and your family for years into the future. Your injuries can also leave you burdened with heavy medical debts. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we work to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our Gilroy motorcycle accident attorneys focus on protecting your rights in a claim.
How Do I File A Claim After A Motorcycle Accident In Gilroy?
All motorists must carry a mandatory minimum amount of auto insurance in California. When you suffer motorcycle accident injuries in Gilroy due to a driver’s negligence, you have a right to file a claim against their policy. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf, helping you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in a settlement.
Suppose you are involved in a motorcycle accident with an uninsured driver, your claim is disputed, or injuries you suffer are severe. In that case, count on our team of seasoned litigators to provide the professional legal representation you need in taking those at fault to court. Common types of compensation available in a California motorcycle accident lawsuit:
- Economic damages, compensating you for actual costs. This includes property damages, current and future medical expenses, and lost income you suffer, now and in the years to come.
- Non-economic damages, compensating you for intangible costs. This includes pain, suffering, scarring, disfigurement, and lost enjoyment in life.
- Exemplary or punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for. It punishes those at-fault for gross negligence and can represent two to three times the total of any other compensation you are entitled to.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps people injured in California motorcycle accidents. We fight to get you and your loved ones the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. As we generally handle cases on a contingency basis, there are no up-front costs and no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To request a free consultation, call or contact our Gilroy motorcycle accident attorneys online today.