Gilroy Truck Accident Attorneys
Truck accidents in Gilroy can have devastating impacts on motorists. Through no fault of your own, you could suffer severe and potentially life-threatening personal injuries. When the truck driver or the company they work for is to blame, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you hold them responsible.
Our experienced Gilroy truck accident attorneys provide the aggressive legal representation you need in filing a claim. We have a solid history of success in getting big wins for our clients, with top case results totaling millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact us online and request a free consultation today.
Our Gilroy Truck Accident Attorneys Help Injured Victims Recover
Intersected by the 101 and State Route 152, the City of Gilroy provides easy access to San Francisco, Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties, and the Central Valley. Truck traffic frequently passes through our area, creating risks for other drivers on the road.
Tractor-trailers, semi-trucks, and other big rigs can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. They are challenging to navigate, and one wrong move can cause a truck driver to lose control. In the past several years, there have been repeated reports of truck accidents in the Gilroy area. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help injured victims and their families recover. Cases our Gilroy truck accident attorneys handle:
- Head-on truck accidents, one of the most devastating and potentially fatal types of crashes;
- Jackknife truck accidents, in which the truck trailer swings out and up alongside the cab, impacting drivers in surrounding lanes;
- Rear-end truck accidents, which can completely crush smaller vehicles;
- Rollover truck accidents, common on sharp curves and when making turns;
- Side-swipe truck accident, due to large truck blind spots or ‘no-zones’;
- T-bone truck accidents, common in intersections;
- Underride truck accidents, due to failure to install required Mansfield (underride prevention) bars.
Who Is To Blame For Truck Accidents In Gilroy?
According to reports from state Highway Patrol, hundreds of people are killed and more than 6,000 injured due to truck accidents in California each year. Over 200 people are involved in these crashes in Santa Clara County alone, ranking us among the top ten counties in terms of risk.
Reckless behavior on the part of truck drivers is often responsible. The leading causes include going too fast for conditions, improper turns and lane passing, disregarding traffic signs and signals, failure to yield right of way, and driving under the influence. Trucking companies also may share a portion of the blame. Factors on their part that contribute to truck accidents in Gilroy include:
- Over-scheduling: Not allowing enough time for trips leads to speeding and other reckless driving behaviors.
- Not allowing time off: Not providing days off and breaks on the road increases the likelihood of drowsy driving. The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) claims it is responsible for roughly 10 percent of all truck accidents.
- Improper loading practices: Overloading and not distributing cargo weight make truck accidents more likely to happen.
- Poor truck maintenance: Brake failures, tire blowouts, engine seize ups, and other mechanical failures can cause a truck driver to lose control of their rig.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can conduct a full investigation into your case. Our Gilroy truck accident attorneys uncover precisely how a crash happened and who can be held liable in a claim.
How Can I Get Compensation In A Gilroy Truck Accident Claim?
In the aftermath of a truck accident in Gilroy, you will likely be contacted by attorneys representing the trucking company and the driver. Before making any statements, accepting any settlements, or signing any documents, reach out to our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers first.
As experienced Gilroy truck accident attorneys, we aggressively negotiate with the trucking company and insurance representatives to get you the maximum amount you are entitled to in a settlement. If your claim is disputed or your losses are severe, we will not hesitate to take them to court. The compensation available in a truck accident lawsuit under the California Civil Code includes:
- Coverage of your current medical bills and any future costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for your lost income and any future losses in wages or benefits;
- Compensation for any pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life you experienced due to a truck accident;
- Exemplary or punitive damages, punishing the truck driver and the trucking company for particularly willful and negligent behavior.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. is dedicated to getting victims of truck accidents in Gilroy get the compensation they need to recover. We generally represent clients on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no up-front attorney fees. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Gilroy truck accident attorneys online today.