Gilroy Rideshare Accident Attorneys
Uber and Lyft accidents in Gilroy can cause devasting personal injuries for passengers and other motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians involved. For help in getting the money you and your loved ones need to fully recover, reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc.
As experienced Gilroy Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we have decades' worth of combined experience handling these cases. Check out our top results, which show settlements and jury awards totaling millions of dollars. Available 24 hours, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today and request a free case consultation.
Common Types of Cases Our Gilroy Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys Handle
Whether you rely on ridesharing for occasional trips or as a primary means of transportation, it is important to be aware of the risks. Statista reports that ridesharing profits have increased dramatically over the past decade, with current net revenue at more than $20 billion per year. However, as these companies put more drivers on the road to meet demand, Uber or Lyft accident rates have increased.
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. represents injured victims and their families. As experienced Gilroy Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we help clients get the compensation they are entitled to in the following types of cases:
- Passenger accidents involving Uber and Lyft;
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving other motorists;
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving bicyclists or pedestrians;
- Any accident or injury involving a ridesharing company or its drivers.
What Are Common Causes of Uber/Lyft Accidents In Gilroy?
According to a University of Chicago/Rice University study, Uber and Lyft accidents are responsible for nearly five percent of all motor vehicle accident deaths. This translates into thousands of victims, with even greater numbers suffering potentially devastating personal injuries.
Unfortunately, reckless driving is often responsible. Dangerous behavior that puts passengers, motorists, and others on the road at risk includes:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights and stop signs;
- Failing to yield;
- Distracted driving;
- Driving under the influence;
- Drowsy driving.
Companies may also share a portion of the blame when Uber and Lyft accidents in Gilroy happen due to failing to run background checks or monitor their driver's behavior and schedules.
What Should I Do If I'm Involved In A Gilroy Uber or Lyft Accident?
If you are in a ridesharing accident in Gilroy or an accident involving Uber Eats, take these steps to protect yourself and your rights in a claim:
- Notify the police immediately;
- Get the name of the driver, the company they work for, and their contact and insurance information;
- Gather evidence, such as pictures of the scene and your injuries and information on witnesses;
- Seek medical care right away.
You will likely be contacted by the ridesharing company and their attorneys in the days after. Before making any kind of statement or signing any documents, contact our Gilroy Uber and Lyft accident attorneys.
Our Gilroy Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys Protect Your Rights In Filing A Claim
- If the driver was logged in, en route for a pickup or delivery, or carrying passengers: The company offers up to $1 million in liability coverage.
- If the driver was logged in and waiting for a ride/delivery request: The company offers $50,000 in bodily injury coverage (up to $100,000 for multiple victims) and $30,000 in property damage coverage.
- If the driver was offline or had the driver app off: The ridesharing service will not cover the cost. The driver is liable through their insurance.
It is in the insurer's best interests to dispute your claim. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Gilroy Uber and Lyft accident attorneys aggressively negotiate on your behalf to get the maximum amount in a settlement.
Can I Sue Uber or Lyft After An Accident?
Suppose insurance fails to cover the cost of an Uber or Lyft accident in Gilroy. In that case, our legal team can guide you in filing a lawsuit against the ridesharing company or the driver. Compensation available includes:
- Current and future medical expenses;
- Lost income and future lost wages or benefits due to ongoing impairments;
- Pain and suffering;
- Scarring, disfigurement, and lost enjoyment in life.
Under the California Civil Code, you may also be entitled to exemplary or punitive damages, which is an additional amount over and above other types of compensation. It punishes the company or driver for particularly negligent behavior.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
Ridesharing companies have teams of attorneys on their side. Get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours. We work on a contingency basis, so there are no out-of-pocket costs. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Gilory Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online today.