Gilroy Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bicycle accidents in Gilroy can happen to children or adults. Unfortunately, personal injuries that occur as a result have the potential to be devastating. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyer, Inc., we help you hold at-fault drivers responsible. As seasoned litigators, we get you compensation in a bicycle accident claim.
Our Gilroy bicycle accident attorneys have decades’ worth of combined experience helping clients in our community. Top case results reveal settlements and jury awards totaling millions of dollars. Available 24 hours a day/seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Gilroy Bicycle Accident Attorneys Help You Recover From Your Injuries
Bicycle accidents in Santa Clara County pose a real threat to residents. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), nearly one per month happens within the city of Gilroy alone. In addition, we are ranked as the second most dangerous for bicycle accidents involving children compared to similarly-sized areas.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent bike accident victims of all ages and their families. Our Gilroy bicycle accident attorneys are dedicated to helping you get the compensation you need to recover. Common bicycle accident injuries suffered by clients in cases we handle include:
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Burn injuries and road rash;
- Crushing injuries, resulting in loss of limbs;
- Deep cuts and lacerations;
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries;
- Internal injuries, causing permanent harm to internal organs;
- Soft tissue injuries, impacting muscles, tendons, and ligaments;
- Injuries to the spinal cord or column, resulting in permanent paralysis.
How Do Bicycle Accidents In Gilroy Happen?
The Gilroy Bicycle Pedestrian Committee works to promote the safety of cyclists in our community. Their efforts include making sure that roads are properly paved and of adequate width, providing bike lanes in heavily trafficked areas, and installing traffic signs and signals to make navigation easier.
Unfortunately, when bicycle accidents in Gilroy do happen, it is often due to recklessness on the part of motor vehicle drivers involved. Among the most common causes include:
- Distracted driving;
- Driving under the influence (DUI);
- Following too closely;
- Improper passing and cutting bicyclists off;
- Making turns without checking for bicyclists;
- Opening car doors without looking in rearview mirrors for;
- Running red lights and stop signs;
- Speeding and going too fast for road or traffic conditions;
- Swerving into bike lanes.
Whenever you or someone you love is injured due to a driver's reckless behavior, you can count on our Gilroy bicycle accident attorneys to provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing an injury claim.
How Do I File A Claim For A Bicycle Accident In Gilroy?
California Healthline reports that bicycle accidents throughout the state are at an all-time high. They claim the lives of more than 450 bicyclists each year and leave thousands of others suffering severe injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help bike accident victims and their families get the compensation they are entitled to.
In many cases, the at-fault driver has insurance coverage in place that can help reimburse you for your damages. Our Gilroy bicycle accident attorneys aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf, fighting to get you the maximum amount you deserve in a settlement. Suppose the driver is uninsured or your injuries are severe. In that case, we can guide you in filing a bicycle accident lawsuit against them. The compensation you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code includes:
- Coverage of current and future medical costs;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future lost income due to long-term disabilities;
- Additional amounts for pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life caused by your injuries;
- Exemplary damages, which punish drivers for grossly negligent behavior.
What Happens In A Hit and Run Bicycle Accident?
Hit and run bicycle accidents in Gilroy are unfortunately common. Drivers often panic or may be wanted on other matters, driving under the influence, without valid vehicle registration, or on a suspended license. Whether the case, our legal team takes the actions needed to locate them. This includes:
- Working with the police to solicit tips from the general public;
- Revisiting the accident scene and getting more detailed statements from witnesses;
- Obtaining surveillance videos, which can provide essential clues about the driver and their vehicle;
- Talking to local mechanics, who the driver may have visited for repairs.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Schedule A Free Consultation
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we protect the rights of clients in bicycle accident cases. As we work on a contingency basis, this means there are no upfront costs or out-of-pocket attorney fees. Get the compensation you and your family need to recover from a bicycle accident in Gilroy. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Gilroy bicycle accident attorneys online and schedule a free consultation today.