La Mirada Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
La Mirada Bus Accident Attorneys
If you have been involved in a bus accident, your top priority should be seeking medical attention for your injuries. Once you’ve done so, it is vital to pick up the phone and call a personal injury attorney before critical evidence vanishes. Our experienced bus accident lawyers can help you navigate the claims process, working to pursue the most favorable settlement possible. We have represented thousands of clients and won numerous six and seven-figure settlements and verdicts, a portion of which have been in bus accident cases.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free case assessment today. If you cannot make it to our office, we will come to you.
Types of Bus Accident Cases We Handle in La Mirada
Depending on the type of bus, what caused the accident, and the extent of your injuries, our personal injury lawyers will use different tactics to pursue compensation.
Our bus accident lawyers understand the laws binding bus drivers across industries and handle the following types of cases, among others:
- Bus accidents involving public buses
- Bus accidents involving school buses
- Airport shuttle accidents
- Tour bus accidents
- Bus accidents involving drowsy, distracted, or impaired bus drivers
- Bus accidents caused by mechanical failures
- Bus accidents involving pedestrians
- Bus accidents caused by poor road conditions
- Bus accidents resulting in wrongful death
Who May Be Liable?
Under California law, multiple parties may be liable for your injuries. Some of these parties may include:
- The bus company: If an investigation reveals that the transit company failed to take necessary steps to ensure the bus was safely maintained, you may be able to bring a claim against it.
- Manufacturers of bus parts: A mechanical part – like a defective engine – may be responsible for the accident. If so, you may be able to bring a claim against the entity that manufactured, designed, or distributed that bus part.
- Other drivers: You may be able to sue another driver who caused an accident by running a red light, failing to yield, rear-ending the bus, or otherwise driving negligently.
How Much is My Bus Accident Case Worth?
Numerous factors will determine the monetary value of your claim, including the following:
- The cost of your medical care
- The permanence of your injuries
- Whether you sustained permanent scarring or disfigurement
- The amount of income you lost due to your injuries
- Whether your injuries will likely impact your future earning potential
- The cost of property damage you sustained in the accident
- Whether you incurred other necessary costs due to your injuries, including transportation, childcare, domestic help, and modifications to your home
- The extent to which your injury affected your social life, family relationships, and general well-being
- Whether you contributed to your accident in any way and if so, to what extent
- Whether the potentially liable party acted in a malicious or reckless manner
Discuss Your Claim with a California Bus Accident Lawyer
The bus accident attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers know firsthand how quickly insurers deny claims. Our team will help you craft a case built on real, concrete evidence so that you can walk away with the compensation that you deserve. Throughout the years, we have represented thousands of clients and won numerous six and seven-figure settlements and verdicts, a portion of which have been in bus accident cases. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to set up a free case assessment.