La Mirada Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
La Mirada Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one have been injured in a pedestrian collision, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation with a pedestrian accident attorney. We have won more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts and have a track record of success in pedestrian accident cases. Our team is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we can come to you if you are unable to travel. Give us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to get started.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Collisions in California
A single moment of inattention is all it takes to injure or kill an innocent pedestrian. A range of factors and behaviors can deter a driver’s focus, resulting in a catastrophic pedestrian accident.
Depending on what caused the accident, our attorneys will use different tactics, from hiring an accident reconstructionist to replicate the accident scene, to proving a driver’s intoxication or impairment. We understand the laws governing both motorists and pedestrians and will build an argument that is tailored to the unique circumstances of your case.
We offer the skills and resources to pursue successful outcomes in pedestrian accident cases involving:
- Distracted drivers
- Impaired drivers
- Drowsy drivers
- Drivers who were speeding, running red lights, driving without headlights, ignoring crossing signals, failing to yield to the pedestrian’s right of way, and otherwise violating California traffic laws at the time of the accident
- Collisions involving 18-wheelers, scooters, Turos, and rideshare vehicles
- Shared liability issues
- Parking lot accidents
- Accidents involving children
- Accidents resulting in wrongful death
- Other pedestrian accidents
How Will My Attorney Prove Liability?
Your attorney’s approach will depend on several factors, from what caused your accident, to where it happened and whether the police attended the accident scene.
- Surveillance footage: Any available footage of the accident, from dashcam recordings to traffic light cameras, can provide valuable evidence of a driver’s negligence.
- Police reports: If the police attended the accident scene, your attorney will likely obtain a copy of the report to glean valuable content.
- Cell phone records: The driver’s cell phone records will provide insight into whether the driver was distracted at the time of the accident – for instance, if the driver was texting, emailing, or pulling up apps on his or her phone just before the collision occurred.
- Photographs: Photos of the accident scene provide evidence as to what happened immediately before and after the accident.
- Eyewitness accounts: Bystanders or casual observers can testify as to what happened during the moments leading up to the crash.
- Expert testimony: Should there be a dispute about the cause of your injuries, their seriousness, and the value of your lost income or medical expenses, your attorney may opt to engage an expert witness to place a monetary value on your losses.
For a Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today!
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our experience representing accident victims throughout California positions us to help you pursue maximum compensation for your injuries and other losses. Throughout the years, we have helped injured clients collectively recover more than $300 million in damages. A member of our legal team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your questions. Call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online.