La Mirada Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
La Mirada Slip and Fall Attorneys
Our personal injury attorneys know how challenging a slip and fall case can be. In addition to suffering from serious injuries like broken bones, TBI, and soft tissue sprains, you are likely accruing astronomical medical bills.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are experienced litigators who know what it takes to pursue substantial awards for our slip and fall clients. Throughout the years, more than 5,000 victims have turned to us for guidance and we have earned hundreds of five-star reviews on Google for our aggressive legal representation. Call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to speak with someone on our team today.
Types of Slip and Fall Claims We Handle
- Weather-related slip and falls
- Poolside slip and falls
- Outdoor slip and falls
- Indoor slip and falls
- Falls caused by freshly mopped floors without associated warning signs
- Slip and falls caused by spilled liquids
- Falls due to a lack of adequate handrails on a stairwell
- Falls on public walkways and parking lots
- Slip and falls on public property
- Slip and falls on commercial premises
- Slip and falls on residential premises
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
Because key evidence can be erased or forgotten, it is vital to gather as much information as possible at the accident scene.
- Inform the property owner or manager.
- If applicable, fill out an incident report.
- Contact the police to secure an accident report.
- Take photos and videos of the accident scene.
- Record the names and contact information of the property owner, tenant, or manager on-site at the time of the accident.
- Ask eyewitnesses for their names and contact information.
- Collect and preserve the shoes that the victim was wearing at the time of the fall.
In addition to gathering this information on your own, however, be sure to contact an experienced personal injury attorney to help you preserve your claim.
Seeking Compensation for Your Slip and Fall Injuries
After gathering evidence, the next step will be filing a claim against the adverse party’s insurance company. Through this process, we will seek to negotiate a settlement that can compensate you for your:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced or lost earning capacity
- Reduced quality of life
If we are unable to reach a settlement with the insurer, we may recommend filing a lawsuit for a legal action called “premises liability.” Through the process, we will gather additional evidence in the form of business records, including whether – and how often – a site has been inspected, cleaned, or repaired. We will also collect records regarding whether similar incidents have occurred on the premises. Then, we will advise you on how to best navigate the litigation process.
While the process of heading to trial can be daunting and stressful, our experienced litigators will help you through each step of the process, from the initial filing to the verdict.
Discuss Your Case with a Slip and Fall Attorney Today.
If you have suffered an injury due to another person’s negligence, you can confidently turn to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We will answer your questions, ensure you understand your rights, and devise a strategy to approach the claims process. We can handle each step of your case, from gathering evidence to negotiating with an insurance carrier on your behalf. If necessary, we will take your case to trial.
If you cannot make it to our office for an initial free consultation, we will come to you. Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review today. We look forward to serving you.