La Mirada Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
La Mirada Train Accident Attorneys
If you’ve been involved in a train accident, you probably have a lot of questions: “Who can I sue? What damages can I pursue? How do I go about seeking compensation?”
Fortunately, our personal injury attorneys know the answers – and we are here to help. Discuss your case with a member of our legal team by calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Who is Liable for a Train Accident?
Identifying a liable party in a train wreck depends entirely on the facts, like what caused the accident and who was responsible for the train’s maintenance at the time. Regardless of the circumstances, our La Mirada train accident attorneys can uncover critical evidence showing who – or what – caused your accident.
Some examples of the liable parties in a train wreck are:
- The business that owns and operates the train
- The business that owns and operates the tracks
- The business responsible for maintaining the train or tracks
- The business that manufactured, distributed, or sold any defective train or track parts
- Motorists or individuals trespassing on the tracks or railroad property
- Train passengers
- The conductor or operator
Our legal team will thoroughly investigate your case to determine the underlying cause of the wreck.
We have discovered that some of the most common causes of collisions involve some combination of the following:
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Failure to keep a lookout or to check blind spots
- Defective train parts
- Mechanical failures
- Hazardous conditions or deferred maintenance on the train tracks
Recovering Compensation for A Train Wreck
By collecting evidence in support of your claim, you can show a judge or jury that you are entitled to be made whole for your injuries. It is generally difficult to prove your case on your own. However, by working with a train accident attorney, you will gain a partner and advocate who can gather, analyze, and present the evidence in support of your case.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we will attempt to collect the following forms of evidence, among others:
- Your medical records, from doctors’ visit notes to diagnostic imaging
- Photographs of your injuries and the accident scene
- Your financial records, from pay stubs to tax returns
- Receipts from any medical expenses you incurred, including travel expenses for your medical care, vehicle modifications made necessary by your injuries, and any home renovations that made your home more accessible post-injury
- Expert testimony
- Your notes about how the accident and your injuries have impacted your life
Discuss Your Claim with A La Mirada Train Accident Attorney Today!
If you or a loved one have been injured in a train accident, it is vital to act quickly before the applicable statute of limitations tolls or vital evidence fades. As such, it is in your best interest to contact a lawyer sooner than later, no matter how seriously you were injured. To discuss your case with a member of our team, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to set up a free case assessment. If you cannot make it to our office, we will come to you, and we offer free, low-risk consultations. Truly, you have nothing to lose by reaching out to us.
We look forward to your call and hope to help you navigate this difficult time.