Long Beach Slip and Fall Attorneys
A slip and fall can be far more severe than an embarrassing blunder. In many cases, the victim requires emergency medical care, multiple surgeries, and other invasive and non-invasive treatments. It may be necessary to take weeks or even months off work to recover, and the loss of income could quickly lead to financial turmoil. Our slip and fall attorneys in Long Beach understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that such an accident can take, and we are prepared to help you bring a claim against any parties who may be liable for your damages.
The moment you hire our law firm, we will take over all correspondence with the opposing party so you don’t say anything that can be used to dispute your claim. We will also perform an immediate investigation to compile all available evidence of liability and damages.
Throughout the proceedings, we will serve as your on-call legal advocate, readily available whenever you have questions or concerns about your case. We won’t let the opposing party get away with paying an unfair settlement, and we will relish the opportunity to represent you at trial if a settlement cannot be reached. For a free case review, call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
What Should I Bring to My Consultation with a Slip and Fall Attorney?
After you have undergone a medical assessment—which should take place immediately after you leave the scene of the accident—your first priority is to schedule a free case evaluation with a premises liability lawyer. Your attorney will want to investigate your case right away because it is likely that valuable evidence will be time sensitive. This is especially true in slip and fall cases because it is common for the defendant to be in possession of critical evidence such as surveillance footage and the incident report. Also, your statements to the insurance adjuster might be used to dispute your claim, so your attorney will want to take over this correspondence from day one.
You can prepare for the initial consultation by gathering relevant documentation and evidence, which may include:
- Your Description of Events: Writing out everything you remember about the accident can help you recall intricate details during your first meeting with a slip and fall lawyer in Long Beach. No detail is too small to include in this description.
- The Incident Report: Did you obtain a copy of the incident report? This document will likely serve as important evidence. Both your attorney and the insurance adjuster will want to review it to find out what happened, what kinds of injuries were sustained, and who was liable.
- Relevant Photographs: Pictures of your visible wounds and the hazard that caused your fall can serve many purposes. First, they can show the severity of your injuries, which can help your Long Beach slip and fall attorney prove the existence and value of your damages. Second, they can help your lawyer prove causation—i.e. that the fall was the cause of your injuries. Third, they can prove the existence of the hazard and might be used to prove that the defendant had actual or constructive knowledge of the hazard, thus helping your lawyer prove negligence and liability. It is not uncommon in these cases for the defendant to fix the hazard immediately after the accident, so any photos that were taken of the scene might serve as essential evidence to strengthen your claim.
- Eyewitness Contact Info: Your attorney will likely reach out to eyewitnesses to find out what they saw and to determine if their deposition would contribute to the strength of your case. Eyewitness deposition may be useful if the defendant says that your own negligence contributed to the fall, that the fall never happened, that the fall wasn’t very serious and therefore couldn’t have caused your injuries, or that the hazard did not exist for a sufficient amount of time to establish constructive knowledge.
- Contact Info of Other Involved Parties: If you have the contact information of the property owner, manager, or possessor, bring that to your initial consultation.
- Medical Documentation: Your Long Beach slip and fall lawyer will want to assess any documents you have received from your healthcare providers. These may include diagnostic imaging, lab test results, and medical bills.
- Financial Documentation: If your injuries have caused you to miss work, you will need financial documentation to prove the value of lost income.
- Receipts and Invoices: Bring along any documentation you have of expenses you incurred due to your injuries such as the cost of transportation to doctor’s appointments, domestic help, or child care.
Discuss Your Situation with a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Long Beach
The thought of filing a premises liability claim can seem overwhelming when you’re dealing with serious injuries. But the longer you wait to initiate the proceedings, the more difficult it may be to gather valuable evidence. Also, without the guidance of a well-credentialed lawyer, you might end up making a critical mistake that jeopardizes your entire case. To discuss your claim with one of the experienced legal professionals at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, send us a message or dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS. The consultation is free, and we accept slip and fall cases on a contingency fee basis.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
|Monday||Open 24 hours|
|Tuesday||Open 24 hours|
|Wednesday||Open 24 hours|
|Thursday||Open 24 hours|
|Friday||Open 24 hours|
|Saturday||Open 24 hours|
|Sunday||Open 24 hours|