Long Beach Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Long Beach Personal Injury Attorneys
It’s easy to underestimate the trauma of a serious injury until you or a family member experiences one firsthand. Beyond the physical pain, the lost income and medical bills can add up to a veritable fortune. Depending on the circumstances, you may be entitled to compensation for any monetary losses you’ve incurred as well as pain and suffering and other non-economic damages. Our Long Beach personal injury attorneys can help you fight for the highest settlement or verdict possible.
We have many decades of combined experience representing personal injury victims and their families. Our lawyers have won more than $300,000,000 for clients throughout California. We offer free consultations and accept cases on a contingency fee basis. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today to speak with a member of our team.
Types of Cases Our Long Beach Personal Injury Attorneys Handle
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Car Accidents
- Motorbike Accidents
- Train Accidents
- 18-Wheeler Wrecks
- Dog Bites
- Scooter Accidents
- Cycling Accidents
- Aircraft Accidents
- Rideshare Vehicle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Cases
- Premises Liability Cases
- Boating Injuries
- Turo Accidents
- Spinal Injuries
- Burn Trauma
- Brain Injuries
- Bus Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
How Long Will It Take to Resolve My Personal Injury Claim?
This is one of the most common questions that our clients ask. It’s also one of the toughest to answer since each case is unique. There’s a multitude of factors that could influence the amount of time it takes to resolve your claim, so it won’t be possible for us to approximate the potential duration of the proceedings until we’ve carefully reviewed the facts and performed a thorough investigation.
Generally speaking, the following factors often play a role in determining whether a case is settled out of court and, if so, how quickly the settlement is reached:
- Whether Multiple Parties Were Liable: Liability for a personal injury is often shared by multiple parties. For example, more than one defendant can be held liable for a plaintiff’s damages, and it is even possible for the plaintiff to share liability with the defendant. In such cases, a dispute may arise regarding the percentage of fault assigned to each party, and if a consensus cannot be reached, your case may end up in trial. To mitigate such disputes, our Long Beach personal injury lawyers will compile all available evidence of liability, which may include the police and/or incident report, photos, video footage, eyewitness deposition, and expert witness deposition.
- The Amount of Compensation Being Pursued: The less compensation you’re pursuing, the less incentive the insurance company will have to invest time and resources into challenging your claim. But if you’re seeking considerable damages, you can expect the insurer to go to great lengths to find legitimate reasons to dispute liability, causation, and damages. You may be placed under surveillance. Your social media profiles may be monitored. Your medical records may be scrutinized to find evidence that you’ve missed doctor’s appointments or failed to fill your prescriptions. The insurer might even try to shift blame to you. At the end of the day, there are dozens of tactics the insurance adjuster may use to challenge your claim, so it’s important that you have a Long Beach personal injury attorney by your side to represent your interests.
- Whether You’ve Made Any Errors: Have you provided a recorded statement to the claims adjuster? You may have been asked leading questions to elicit responses that can be used to dispute your claim. You might even think that your statements could only strengthen your case, but the insurance company is not on your side, and they’re not above misrepresenting your statements or taking them out of context to protect their own interests. Another common mistake is failing to mitigate damages. If you’ve done anything (or failed to do something) that has caused your injury to worsen or prolonged your recovery, it may be difficult to obtain compensation for 100 percent of your damages. Such a dispute might arise if you’ve missed scheduled visits with your healthcare provider, failed to fill your prescription medications, or returned to work or strenuous activities too early. You might be confident that the insurance company won’t find out about these indiscretions, but a single photo of you out with friends on Facebook could be all it takes for the insurer to challenge your claim.
- The Strength of Your Evidence: If you have strong evidence of liability, causation, and damages, the insurance company may be less likely to dispute your claim.
Set up a Free Case Review with a Personal Injury Lawyer in Long Beach
If you need help navigating the legal system after a serious accident, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We offer free consultations, and you won’t have to pay anything upfront to hire us for representation. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to speak with a member of our team.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
|Monday||Open 24 hours|
|Tuesday||Open 24 hours|
|Wednesday||Open 24 hours|
|Thursday||Open 24 hours|
|Friday||Open 24 hours|
|Saturday||Open 24 hours|
|Sunday||Open 24 hours|