Malibu Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Malibu Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Public parks, paths along the coastline, and picturesque canyon roads running through Malibu make it a popular place for bicyclists. Whether you ride as a hobby, a way to stay fit, or as an environmentally friendly form of transportation, it is important to be aware of the risks. Bicycle accidents can result in serious and potentially life-threatening injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. we help victims get the compensation they are entitled to.
With decades worth of combined experience as Malibu bicycle accident attorneys, we provide the aggressive legal representation you need in filing a claim. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth hundreds of thousands of dollars on behalf of clients. To get our legal team on your side, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Get Our Malibu Bicycle Accident Attorneys On Your Side
Bicyclists routinely share the road with other motorists in our area. Unfortunately, traffic safety reports from the city of Malibu indicate that the same heavy traffic conditions, narrow roads, and ongoing construction projects that make car accidents more likely to happen jeopardize bicyclists as well.
Ultimately, it is often the reckless actions of drivers that are responsible when bicycle accidents occur. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold those at fault accountable in a claim.
Our Malibu bicycle accident attorneys act as a strong legal advocate on your side, protecting your rights when dealing with at-fault drivers and their insurers. Common causes of bicycle accidents in cases we represent include:
- Motorists who engage in speeding, tailgating, and other dangerous driving behaviors;
- Motorists who fail to stop at intersections or disregard other traffic signals;
- Drivers who suddenly open car doors on side streets, failing to look for bicyclists first;
- Driving who drift into bike lanes or otherwise disregard the safety of bicyclists on the road.
How Do I File A Bicycle Accident Claim?
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), Malibu ranks second highest among similarly sized cities in the state when it comes to bicycle accident risks. With little in the way to protect bicyclists in collisions involving motor vehicles, the injuries they suffer as a result have a tendency to be severe. Our experienced Malibu bicycle accident attorneys help victims in these cases, providing the trusted legal guidance and aggressive representation needed to get compensation in a claim.
There are two basic options you have when bicycle accidents happen. The first is to file a claim with the at-fault motorist’s insurer. Unfortunately, dealing with these companies often proves challenging. As for-profit businesses, they have a reputation for either denying or undervaluing claims. Our Malibu bicycle accident attorneys can negotiate with these companies on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in any settlement. However, compensation available through insurance policies may not be enough to adequately cover your costs.
Your second option is to file a personal injury lawsuit against the driver. This can entitle you to additional amounts not available through insurers. Under the California Civil Code, this may include:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs, such as any lost wages or medical expenses you currently suffer as well as those you are likely to incur in the future;
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as the pain and suffering your bicycle accident caused as well as any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries;
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order in your case if the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
What Happens If A Bicycle Accident Involves A Hit and Run Driver?
Bicycle accidents in which the driver flees the scene are common. If your case involves a hit and run, our Malibu bicycle accident attorneys can take the steps needed to identify the driver so they can be held accountable.
In any type of bicycle accident case, our legal team conducts a thorough investigation to determine how it happened and who is responsible. Additional actions we take in cases involving hit and runs include:
- Working with law enforcement officials to get the word out among the public;
- Reviewing witness statements and nearby surveillance tapes to identify the at-fault driver and their vehicle;
- Visiting local mechanic shops, where the at-fault driver may have taken their vehicle for repairs.
You can trust our reputation and our proven track record of success to get to the bottom of your case. You can also take assurance in the fact that Harris Personal Injury Lawyers represents bicycle accident victims on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. is dedicated to getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a bicycle accident claim. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Malibu bicycle accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.