Malibu Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Malibu Brain Injury Attorneys
Brain injuries can have profound effects on your physical health, memory, and cognitive abilities. They frequently occur as a result of accidents in which the negligent actions of others are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc, we help brain injury victims get the compensation they need to recover.
Our Malibu brain injury attorneys act as a strong legal advocate on your side at a time you and your family need it most. In claims involving brain injuries, our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help in your case. Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Get Trusted Legal Guidance From Our Huntington Beach Brain Injury Attorneys
Brain injuries can occur as a result of any type of blunt force or trauma to the head. According to the California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR), brain injuries impact close to two million victims each year.
Accidents are among the leading causes of brain injuries. When these impact you or someone you love, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. Common causes of brain injuries in cases our Malibu brain injury attorneys represent include:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Bicycle and scooter accidents;
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Construction site accidents;
- Accidents in which you are struck by or against objects in public places;
- Surfing and other types of recreational accidents;
- Accidents that occur while engaged in sports and other activities.
What Are The Different Types of Brain Injuries?
Head injuries can disrupt neural pathways, impacting the brain’s normal processes. The Mayo Clinic warns that this can cause headaches, dizziness, and loss of memory in the immediate aftermath. Long term effects can impact your balance, coordination, and reflexes, as well as your ability to form thoughts, communicate with others, or understand what is being said. These symptoms can continue for years after your injuries, resulting in permanent disabilities.
Getting the maximum amount you need to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs you are likely to incur is a top priority in this situation. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help. Our Malibu brain injury attorneys provide the aggressive legal representation you need in filing a claim. Common types of brain injuries suffered by clients in cases we handle include:
- Concussions: This is one of the most common types of head injuries. While often treated as a relatively minor condition, a concussion can have major impacts on your vision, thought processes, personality, and mood.
- Contusions: This is bruising that occurs as a result of a bump or blow due to damage to blood vessels beneath the skin’s surface. Head contusions can impact brain tissues, resulting in swelling and hemorrhages. This can cause confusion, memory disturbances, and other issues.
- Anoxic brain injuries: These occur due to a lack of oxygen. Common in non-fatal drowning accidents, they can also occur as a result of disruptions in blood flow to the brain.
- Diffuse axonal injuries: This is caused by violent shaking of the brain, such as due to whiplash in a car accident. This causes the brain to slam up against the sides of the skull, resulting in tearing of brain tissues and nerve damage.
- Penetrating brain injuries: This is when an object strikes the head with enough force to shatter the skull, lodging itself or pieces of the skull within the brain.
What Are My Rights In Filing A Brain Injury Claim?
When brain injuries occur as a result of the reckless and negligent actions of others, you have the right to hold those at-fault accountable in a claim. Our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can guide you in the available options. In some cases, insurance policies the other party has in place may be able to compensate you for some of your losses. We can aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to.
In cases where injuries are severe or insurance is unavailable, our Malibu brain injury attorneys can assist you in filing a personal injury lawsuit. Compensation available under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages, which cover your current medical expenses and lost wages as well as any future costs you incur;
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life your injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be awarded in cases where the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is dedicated to helping victims and their families get the compensation they deserve when brain injuries happen. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Malibu brain injury attorneys online to request a free consultation today.