Malibu Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Malibu Car Accident Attorneys
Car accidents in Malibu happen on a regular basis, impacting residents and tourists traveling through the area. These accidents can leave you suffering serious, potentially life-threatening injuries, jeopardizing your ability to work and leaving you to face a mountain of medical bills for months or even years after. In these situations, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. acts as a strong legal advocate on your side.
As experienced Malibu car accident attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you get the compensation you are entitled to. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for clients in car accident claims. Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation to find out how we can help you today.
Common Causes of Car Accidents In Cases Our Malibu Car Accident Attorneys Represent
Whether you are a resident of Malibu or a frequent traveler through the area, it is important to be aware of car accident risks. According to statistics from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), more than 250 people are injured or killed in Malibu car accidents each year. In terms fo driving dangers, this ranks us number one out of 100 similarly sized cities throughout the state.
At Harris Personal Injury Attorneys, we provide the trusted legal guidance and aggressive legal representation you need when car crashes and collisions occur. Based on our decades worth of combined experience, it is generally the reckless actions of other drivers that are to blame. Among the most common causes in cases our Malibu car accident attorneys represent include:
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Red-light running and disregarding other traffic signs or signals;
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating, improper passing, and failure to yield;
- Distracted driving, such as texting, making cell phone calls, and changing GPS settings;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or other substances, including prescription and over the counter medications.
What Are Common Injuries In Car Accidents?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that car accidents are a leading cause of death and disability in California and across the United States. Even a relatively minor crash or collision can leave you suffering injuries that impact your health and financial security for years into the future. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you get the compensation you are entitled to. Common types of car accident injuries in cases we handle include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle or tendon sprains, strains, and tears;
- Severe cuts and lacerations
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to body parts or internal organs;
- Burns due to contact with road surfaces or hot engine parts and fluids;
- Back and neck injuries, including whiplash and herniated discs;
- Head injuries, resulting in concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
While you focus on recovering from these and other types of injuries, our Malibu car accident attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you deserve in a claim.
How Do I File A Car Accident Claim?
You have two options in seeking compensation for injuries due to car accidents in Malibu. The first is to file an insurance claim against the at-fault driver’s policy. The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) advises that all motorists in the state are required to carry a mandatory minimum amount of $15,000 in coverage for injuries/deaths that occur due to their own negligence.
Unfortunately, between lost wages and the high costs of medical treatment for even minor car accident injuries, this may not be enough to avoid out of pocket costs. In these cases, or when the driver is uninsured or flees the scene, our Malibu car accident attorneys can guide you in filing a lawsuit through the Los Angeles County Civil Court.
How Much Is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
While each case is different, our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is dedicated to getting you the maximum amount you are entitled to in your claim. In a car accident lawsuit, common types of compensation available includes:
- Coverage of current medical costs and any future treatment expenses you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and any future losses in income you may suffer due to lingering disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment in life your car accident and injuries result in;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order in a lawsuit and serves to punish the at-fault driver involved.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we represent victims in car accident claims on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To ensure you get the maximum amount you need to recover, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Malibu car accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.