Malibu Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Malibu Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycle accidents can result in severe and potentially life-threatening injuries. Motorcycle crashes and collisions happen on a regular basis in Malibu, impacting residents and visitors traveling through the area. When you suffer injuries as a result, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the professional legal representation you need.
With decades worth of combined experience serving the community, our Malibu motorcycle accident attorneys help you hold those at fault accountable in a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Get Trusted Legal Guidance From Our Malibu Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Cradled between the Santa Monica mountains and the Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu is one of the most sought out places to live along the California Coast. Malibu’s position along the PCH and proximity to Los Angeles make it a popular place for visitors to travel through as well, particularly motorcyclists. As a result, motorcycle accidents are a regular occurrence.
According to the City of Malibu, heavy traffic, frequent road construction, winding and narrow canyon roads, and varying speed limits are all factors that can make motorcycle accidents more likely to occur. Ultimately, it is often the reckless driving behaviors of others on the road which is to blame. As experienced Malibu motorcycle accident attorneys, we protect your rights in filing a claim.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance you need. Common causes of motorcycle accidents in cases we represent include:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights and stop signs or disregarding other traffic signals;
- Aggressive driving behaviors, such as tailgating and improper passing;
- Distracted driving, such as texting, taking pictures, or making calls;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or other substances, including prescription and over the counter medicines.
What Should I Do If A Motorcycle Accident Happens?
Reports from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) indicate that Malibu ranks number one in terms of motorcycle accidents when compared to similarly-sized cities. For motorcyclists in Malibu and those passing through the area, it is important to be aware of what to do if an accident occurs:
- Report it to law enforcement immediately;
- Exchange driver’s license, insurance, and personal contact information with others involved;
- Make note of exactly where and when the accident occurred and any witnesses at the scene;
- Get medical attention for your injuries as soon as possible;
- Reach out to our Malibu motorcycle accident attorneys before making any statements to insurers or accepting a settlement.
What Are My Rights In Filing A Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Motorcycles provide little in the way of protection when crashes and collisions involving other motorists occur. As a result, injuries motorcyclists suffer have a tendency to be severe. In addition to your immediate medical expenses and lost wages, motorcycle accidents can leave you suffering long term disabilities. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our goal is to ensure you get the maximum amount you need to recover.
After reviewing all the details surrounding your case, our Malibu motorcycle accident attorneys can advise you on your rights in filing a claim. Options available typically include:
- Filing an insurance claim against the at-fault driver: The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) advises that all motorists are required to maintain a minimum amount of coverage to protect others in the event of an accident. In car crashes and collisions involving other motorcyclists, you have the right to seek compensation through their insurance if they are to blame.
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit: In the event that the other driver is uninsured or lacks the appropriate amount of coverage, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can assist you in filing a lawsuit against them through the Los Angeles County Courts.
Why Do I Need A Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
You have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover after a motorcycle accident. To ensure you get the maximum amount you need to cover both your current costs and future expenses, you need our Malibu motorcycle accident attorneys on your side. Our legal team can take the following actions on your behalf:
- Conducting our own investigations, gathering evidence in your case;
- Obtaining statements from witnesses, medical providers, motorcycle accident reconstruction experts, and others;
- Aggressively negotiating with insurance companies involved;
- Filing a lawsuit seeking compensation for current and future medical expenses and lost wages, as well as for the pain and suffering you endured.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent motorcycle accident cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you. To discuss your case and how we can help, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Malibu motorcycle attorneys online and request a free consultation today.