Malibu Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Malibu Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
While originally credited with helping to reduce traffic congestion and DUI-related crashes, Uber or Lyft accidents have become increasingly common. When these leave you suffering serious personal injuries, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you get the compensation you need to recover.
As experienced Malibu Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we provide the aggressive legal representation needed to hold ridesharing drivers and the companies they work for accountable. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. To discuss how we can help in your case, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Get Our Malibu Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys On Your Side
For residents of Malibu, relying on ridesharing providers such as Uber and Lyft is often easier than taking your own vehicle. It is definitely safer than driving yourself if you have any amount of alcohol in your system. Research from the CATO Institute indicates that after the introduction of ridesharing more than a decade ago, fatal DUI-related crashes generally declined. Unfortunately, serious safety concerns have arisen in the years since.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyer, we have seen firsthand how ridesharing accidents have become more common. We have also seen the serious injuries they cause for passengers and others on the road. When these impact you or someone you love, our Malibu Uber and Lyft accident attorneys act as a strong legal advocate on your side, helping you get compensation in a claim. Common causes of Uber and Lyft accidents in cases we represent include:
- Reckless driving behaviors on the part of the Uber or Lyft driver;
- Reckless actions of other motorists on the road;
- Ridesharing vehicle malfunctions and maintenance issues, which make crashes more likely to happen;
- Negligence on the part of ridesharing companies, such as not properly vetting drivers and failing to monitor their schedules.
What Happens In A Car Accident Involving Uber or Lyft?
Safety reports from Uber cite a relatively low number of fatal crashes involving their drivers but fail to address the high number of non-fatal ridesharing accidents that happen on a regular basis. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the aggressive legal representation victims need when the following occurs:
- Single vehicle Uber and Lyft accidents, involving collisions with stationary objects;
- Multi-vehicle car accidents involving Uber or Lyft and other drivers;
- Mishaps that occur during your trip, such as being thrown from your seat due to speeding or sudden stops;
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving nearby bicyclists and pedestrians.
When an Uber or Lyft accident happens, your first step should be to notify the police. Make sure an accident report is filed, which should include the name of the driver and the company they work for, as well as contact information for other motorists involved and any witnesses at the scene. Seek medical attention as soon as possible, regardless of the severity of your injuries.
In the aftermath, you will likely be contacted by representatives of the ridesharing company or their insurers. Before making any statements, contact our Malibu Uber and Lyft accident attorneys first.
How Much Am I Entitled To In An Uber or Lyft Accident Claim?
Even a seemingly minor Uber or Lyft accident can leave you suffering serious personal injuries. These could result in lost wages and mountains of medical expenses, both now and in the years to come. Ridesharing companies such as Uber and Lyft have teams of attorneys on their side, defending them against claims. Get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours.
As experienced Malibu Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we aggressively negotiate on your behalf with ridesharing companies and insurance representatives to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to. If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached or your injuries are severe, we can guide you in filing a lawsuit against those involved. While each case is different, damages you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code include:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs, including medical bills and lost wages you incur now and in the years to come;
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as the pain and suffering you experience due to an Uber or Lyft accident;
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order in cases where the ridesharing driver or the company they work for acted in a particularly negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent clients in Uber and Lyft accidents on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To get our legal team on your side, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Malibu Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.