Malibu Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Malibu Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slip and fall accidents tend to occur due to the reckless actions of property owners. Unfortunately, these can cause you to suffer serious and potentially disabling personal injuries as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you get the compensation you need to recover in a claim.
Our experienced Malibu slip and fall attorneys hold negligent property owners accountable for the damages you suffer. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of clients. To get our team on your case, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Malibu Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Deserve
When a slip and fall happens, particularly in a public place, it can be embarrassing for victims. As crowds of onlookers stop and stare, it is tempting to try and laugh off the incident, attributing it to clumsiness or being distracted while downplaying any injuries suffered. Unfortunately, this can turn out to be a major mistake.
According to the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI), slips and falls send more than eight million people to hospital emergency rooms each year. Even a seemingly minor slip and fall can cause major injuries that result in long term disabilities. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the aggressive legal representation you need in these cases. As experienced Malibu slip and fall attorneys, we help you get the compensation you deserve for the following types of injuries:
- Muscle sprains, strains, and tears;
- Damages to nerves, tendons, and other soft tissues;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Back and neck injuries, resulting in fractured vertebrae and slipped or herniated discs;
- Head injuries, resulting in concussion and traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
Who Do Slip and Fall Accidents Often Happen?
While slips and falls are often referred to as accidents, the fact is they typically occur due to the reckless and negligent actions of property owners. The National Safety Council (NSF) warns that slips and falls often happen in public places, such as grocery stores, restaurants, retail establishments, shopping malls, and resorts. They can also occur at banks and other types of public offices, on the job, or when walking on sidewalks and park trials. In many of these cases, the property owner or manager is ultimately to blame.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we thoroughly investigate slip and fall cases to determine who is ultimately responsible. Common causes in cases our Malibu slip and fall attorneys represent include:
- Wet, slippery floors due to spills or condensation;
- Torn carpeting and chipped flooring tiles;
- Cluttered aisle and hallways;
- Uneven paving stones on walkways;
- Lack of handrails, particularly on stairs and at heights;
- Poor lighting;
- Lack of proper landscaping in public areas.
How Can I Get Compensation For Slip and Fall Injuries?
When you suffer serious personal injuries as a result of a slip and fall, you may be entitled to compensation in a claim. Under Section 1714 of the California Civil Code, everyone is responsible for not only refraining from actions that could cause injuries to others but for taking actions to prevent them. When property owners or managers fail to properly maintain the premises or warn visitors of potentially dangerous conditions, they can be held accountable either through an insurance claim or a premises liability lawsuit.
When filing a claim against the property owners’ insurer, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can aggressively negotiate on your behalf. We are dedicated to ensuring you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in a settlement. In cases where insurance is unavailable, a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, or the injuries you suffer are severe, our Malibu slip and fall attorneys can assist you in filing a lawsuit against those involved. Compensation you may be entitled to in this type of claim includes:
- Coverage of your current medical expenses and any future costs, such as for treatment, medication, and physical rehabilitation, you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and any future losses in income and benefits due to lingering disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain and suffering you endure due to a slip and fall, as well as for any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order in cases where the property owner acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
When dealing with a slip and fall, our legal team generally represents clients on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you.
To Request A Consultation, Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
To protect yourself from having to pay out of pocket for costs you incur due to slip and fall injuries, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. on your side. To request a consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Malibu slip and falls attorneys online today.