Malibu Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Malibu Train Accident Attorneys
Riding the train can offer a convenient way for Malibu residents to travel or commute to their jobs, but few passengers are aware of the risks when it comes to train accidents. When crashes, collisions, and onboard incidents leave you suffering serious personal injuries, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you get the compensation you need to recover.
Our experienced Malibu train accident attorneys guide you in holding those responsible for your injuries accountable in a claim. Available 24 hours a day and seven days a week, our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our client. To discuss how we can help in your case, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Malibu Train Accident Attorneys Represent
Taking the train provides a cost-effective and convenient alternative to using your own vehicle for traveling or commuting to your job. Metrolink train stations near Malibu offer service throughout our area while larger providers, such as Greyhound, carry passengers throughout the state and to destinations across the county.
Unfortunately, few passengers are aware of the risks involved with train travel. Train accidents happen in a variety of situations, resulting in serious and potentially life-threatening injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we guide victims in filing claims seeking compensation for the medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages they suffer. Common types of cases our Malibu train accident attorneys represent include:
- Highway/rail crossing collisions involving other trains;
- Train accidents caused by stuck motorists or other debris on the tracks;
- Train derailments;
- Onboard incidents, such as being struck by objects or thrown from your seat;
- Boarding accidents and injuries that occur at train stations;
- Train accidents involving pedestrians, bicyclists, and residents of neighborhoods near the station or tracks.
Why Do Train Accidents Happen?
According to Operation Lifesaver, a non-profit devoted to railway safety education, California leads the nation when it comes to train accidents. Close to 200 major train accidents occur each year, leaving hundreds of people with serious, life-threatening personal injuries. This is in addition to what is likely thousands of other, less severe incidents, which often go unreported to authorities or the press.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have decades worth of combined experience handling these types of cases. When any type of train accident happens, our Malibu train accident attorneys can typically trace it back to actions on the part of the train company and its employees. Among the most common causes of train accidents in cases we handle include:
- Reckless driving behaviors on the part of the train engineer;
- Negligence in performing their duties on the part of train signalers, schedulers, and other key support staff;
- Failure to properly maintain train engines or tracks;
- Lack of proper precautions at train tracks and stations;
- Train company policies, which fail to properly vet or train employees;
- Failure to make adjustments in scheduling to account for adverse road, weather, or other conditions.
How Do I File A Train Accident Claim?
When any type of train accident or onboard mishap occurs, it is important to report it immediately. After informing local law enforcement, the train operator, and the company they work so that a train accident report can be filed, seek medical attention as soon as possible. Following these steps, regardless of the severity of your injuries or the symptoms you suffer, can help to protect your health and your rights in a train accident claim.
When train accidents happen, you have the right to hold those at fault accountable. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, you can trust our legal team to guide you in the options available. These include:
- Filing an insurance claim: You may be entitled to compensation through the train company’s insurer for the medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses you suffer. However, dealing with these companies can prove challenging. It is common practice for them to either deny responsibility or downplay the amount you are entitled to. Our Malibu train accident attorneys aggressively negotiate with the train company and their insurers on your behalf, helping to ensure you get the maximum amount you deserve.
- Filing a train accident lawsuit: In the event an insurance settlement cannot be reached or your injuries are severe, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can guide you in filing a lawsuit against the train company or others involved. Under the California Code, this can entitle you to additional types of compensation. This includes pain and suffering, coverage of future costs you are likely to incur, and additional amounts designed to punish those at fault for your train accident.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we are dedicated to helping train accident victims get the maximum amount they need to recover in a claim. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Malibu train accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.