Malibu Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Malibu Truck Accident Attorneys
Motorists in Malibu routinely share the road with semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and other types of big rigs. The massive size of these vehicles provides truck drivers a certain level of protection. In a truck accident, other motorists involved tend to suffer the most serious harm. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help people injured in truck accidents get the compensation they need to recover.
Our experienced Malibu truck accident attorneys can help you hold at-fault drivers and the companies they work for accountable in a claim. A quick look at our top case results shows our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. If you suffer injuries as a result of a truck accident, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today and request a free consultation.
Common Types of Cases Our Truck Accident Attorneys Represent
Highway 23 is one of the main routes to get into Malibu from the Santa Monica mountains and the 101. From Los Angeles, commuters and tourists typically rely on the Pacific Coast Highway. On these and other roads running throughout Malibu, you can expect to routinely encounter truckers delivering items to local businesses and residents. Sharing the road with truckers can be intimidating for motorists and for good reason.
According to reports from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 300 people are killed in truck accidents throughout the state each year while thousands of others suffer serious injuries. In the majority of cases, these injuries primarily impact other motorists. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted, aggressive legal represent truck accident victims and their families members need. As experienced Malibu truck accident attorneys, common types of cases we handle include:
- Rollover truck accidents, which often happen when trucks are making turns or going around curves on winding highways or canyon roads;
- Jackknife truck accidents, which can happen as a result of a truck driver
- making too sudden a stop;
- Sideswipe and side-impact truck accidents, which frequently occur at intersections and during passing attempts;
- Head-on collisions, which often occur at night or on highway exit or entrance ramps;
- Override accidents, which are commonly caused by tailgating;
- Any type of truck accident that impacts other motorists on the road.
What Causes Truck Accidents To Happen?
Adverse road, weather, or traffic conditions can all make truck accidents more likely to happen. However, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that the underlying cause is typically negligent actions on the part of the truck driver or the company they work for.
As experienced Malibu truck accident attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can conduct a thorough investigation into your case. We determine why truck accidents happen and who is liable in a claim. Common causes include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the truck driver: This includes speeding, aggressive driving, disregarding traffic signs or signals, and driving under the influence.
- Lack of training or experience: Trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. Being able to safely navigate these massive machines requires proper training and skill.
- Poor loading practices: Accidents are more likely to happen when trucks are overloaded, underloaded, or unevenly balanced.
- Reckless trucking company policies: Over scheduling drivers and not allowing proper break periods can lead to drowsy driving, a leading cause of truck accidents.
What Do I Get Compensation For Truck Accident Injuries?
When a truck accident happens, you may be entitled to file an insurance claim against both the trucker and the trucking company involved. However, be aware that these companies have teams of attorneys on their side ready to defend them in these cases. You need our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers fighting on your side to ensure you are protected.
Our Malibu truck accident attorneys can aggressively negotiate with insurers on your behalf. We can also guide you in filing a civil lawsuit against those responsible, entitling you to additional types of compensation. Under the California Civil Code, this may include:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and any future treatment costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future losses in earnings or benefits due to ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain and suffering you experience, as well as any loss of enjoyment in life due to being unable to engage in your usual hobbies and activities;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be ordered by the judge in your case, designed to punish the truck driver or trucking company for particularly willful and negligent behavior.
Reach Out and Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request A Free Consultation
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle truck accident cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To get our legal team on your side, reach out and call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Malibu truck accident attorneys online today to request a free consultation.