Malibu Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Malibu Wrongful Death Attorneys
Accidents resulting from the reckless actions of others often result in fatal injuries. For the victim’s survivors, the grief they experience is compounded by the fact that their loved one’s death could have been prevented. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help families facing this type of loss hold those responsible accountable in a wrongful death claim.
With decades worth of combined experience serving the local community, our Malibu wrongful death attorneys provide the caring support and professional legal representation you need during this difficult time. Nothing can bring back those you have lost, but we can help you get a sense of justice while ensuring you are provided for in the future. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of victim’s families. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Our Malibu Wrongful Death Attorneys Help You Get Justice For Your Loved One
According to statistics from the Los Angeles Department of Health Services, accidental injuries are one of the leading causes of death, claiming the lives of thousands of people each year. While those at fault may not have intended to cause harm, the fact is that their reckless actions are ultimately to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold them accountable.
Filing a wrongful death claim can help families get a sense of justice for their loved one while ensuring they are financially provided for in a way the victim would have wanted. Common causes of fatal injuries in cases our Malibu wrongful death attorneys represent include:
- Motor vehicle accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Crashes and collisions involving trucks or other commercial vehicles;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents;
- Slips and falls;
- Getting struck by objects;
- Other types of accidents that occur on another’s property;
- Sports and recreational accidents;
- Accidents due to dangerous and defective products;
- Any that results in the death of another.
How Do I File A Wrongful Death Claim?
Accidents do not just happen. They are typically caused by the reckless and negligence actions of others involved. The National Safety Council (NSC) reports that close to 500 people throughout the country die each day in accidents that could have otherwise been prevented. As experienced Malibu wrongful death attorneys, among the most common causes of fatal accidents in cases we handle include:
- Dangerous driving behaviors, such as speeding, running red lights, and driving distracted or under the influence;
- Failure to properly maintain property or to warn visitors of potential dangers;
- Failure to ensure products are safe and in good working order before distributing to the general public;
- Failure to provide proper instruction, safety equipment, or oversight for those engaged in sports or recreational activities.
When fatal injuries occur as a result of the above, you may be entitled to compensation through an insurance claim. However, insurance policies fail to adequately cover the total amount of both current and future losses you are likely to incur due to a loved one’s death or hold those at fault directly accountable. Instead, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can guide you in filing a wrongful death lawsuit through the courts. This is often the best option in terms of seeking compensation and in obtaining a sense of justice for your family member.
Who Is Entitled To Compensation In A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Malibu wrongful death attorneys thoroughly investigate all aspects of your case. This includes the circumstances under which your loved one died, who is responsible, and whether you are entitled to seek compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit. Under Section 377.60 of the California Code, those who may be eligible include:
- Parents and legal guardians of the victim;
- Their spouse or domestic partner;
- Children, step-children, and grandchildren;
- Personal representatives of the victim;
- Other blood relatives or anyone else legally entitled to inherit from the estate.
How Much Is A Wrongful Death Case Worth?
No amount of money can bring back your loved one or diminish the grief you experience. However, filing a wrongful death lawsuit can offer a sense of justice and closure. While each case is different, you can trust our legal team to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in your case. Common types of compensation available in wrongful death claims typically includes:
- Coverage of medical costs and funeral expenses;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and loss of future income your loved one would have earned;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, loss of companionship, and loss of enjoyment in life;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount ordered by the judge which is meant to punish those at fault.
Reach Our and Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
When dealing with the devastating loss of a loved one, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc.provides the caring, professional legal guidance you need. To request a free consultation, reach out and call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Malibu wrongful death attorneys online today.