The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) just issued a press release about the allocation of more than $600 million in funding for hundreds of transportation projects throughout the state. This funding includes $80 million from SB 1, the Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017. Money from this funding will go to several projects in San Diego and along the Central Coast. In fact, there are more than 200 transportation projects planed to improve and maintain California’s current transportation system. There are five upcoming projects in District 11.
Transportation Projects in District 11
- Siempre Viva Interchange at State Route 11 and Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Facility in San Diego County
- Auxiliary Lane Project on State Route 52 to Gilman Drive in City of San Diego
- Upgrades on Interstate 4, Interstate 15, State Route 75 and State Route 163 in San Diego County to meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Standards
- Auxiliary Lane Project on Interstate 5 in City of San Diego
- Bridge Rehabilitation Project on Interstate 8 and State Route 78 in Imperial County
Caltrans’ Additional Transportation Projects
Additionally, there is funding for several other projects designed to reduce congestion, improve freight transportation and provide funds for local improvement projects. There will be 17 Active Transportation Projects to help encourage walking and biking. These projects will include bike lanes and walking trails. There is also funding for the Transit and Intercity Rail Capital Program to help modernize transit systems.
Improving Roadway Safety Through Repair and Maintenance
Caltrans is hoping to improve roadway safety through repair and maintenance of roadways across the State of California. Under the Road Repair and Accountability Act, there will be an investment of $54 billion over the next 10 years to fix roads, freeways and bridges in California. Additionally, there will be more funding for transit and safety in communities across the state.
If you have been injured or if you have lost a loved one in a car accident in San Diego, along the Central Coast or in any of the nearby communities, contact the skilled team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. at 1.800.GO.HARRIS for a free case consultation today.