NHTSA Teams up with RoboCop
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is teaming up with RoboCop to clean up the streets. Until March 31, 2014, the NHTSA is conducting a “Buzzed Driving is Drunk Driving” campaign featuring RoboCop. This campaign is aimed at raising awareness about the dangers of drunk and buzzed driving. Since many people are still getting behind the wheel buzzed, law enforcement officials are seeking to educate the public about the dangers of buzzed driving.
Buzzed Driving is Drunk Driving
If you have a buzz behind the wheel, you’re an impaired driver. You may think you’re okay to drive, but you’re not. The “Buzzed Driving is Drunk Driving” campaign is aimed at showing people that any level of impairment is illegal and dangerous behind the wheel. No law enforcement officer is going to let you off the hook because you’re only buzzed or a little bit drunk. If you’re in a crash or pulled over for buzzed driving, you’re going to get charged with driving under the influence.
Buzzed and Drunk Driving by the Numbers
• Crashes involving alcohol-impairment cost an estimated $37 billion each year.
• One person died in an alcohol-impaired crash every 51 minutes in 2012.
• Across the U.S., over 10,000 people died in drunk driving crashes in 2012.
• In 2011, drunk driving crashes accounted for 31 percent of all motor vehicle crash fatalities.
• In 2010, people in America reported drunk driving about 112 million times.
• Young males are most likely to drink and drive.
• In 2010, males were responsible for four in every five episodes of drunk driving.
After a Crash involving a Buzzed Driver
If you or a loved one is injured in a crash involving a buzzed driver, contact an experienced car accident attorney immediately. Victims of buzzed and drunk driving crashes are often facing extensive medical bills, lost wages and other damages associated with the crash. An attorney can stay on top of investigations and obtain official reports for the case. You need to focus on yourself and your family, let an experienced personal injury lawyer handle your insurance company and the rest of the details. If you’ve been injured by a buzzed or drunk driver, contact the experienced team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. at 1-877-231-9970 for a free consultation.