The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) just issued a press release about a consumer advisory aimed at owners of certain Fiat Chrysler vehicles. According to the press release, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) is recalling approximately 4.8 million vehicles to address a defect that could prevent the cruise control system from disengaging. If the cruise control gets stuck on these vehicles, there is a risk of collisions. Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler vehicles are included in this recall.
If Your Car is Stuck in Cruise Control
If your Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep vehicle is stuck in cruise control, don’t panic. The NHTSA recommends depressing the brake pedal and placing the car into park once it’s stopped. Drivers may also shift the transmission to neutral, forcefully apply the manual brake and then place the vehicle in park once it is stopped. If this happens to you, contact the NHTSA to file a complaint and also let the manufacturer know what happened. Listed below are the current vehicles being impacted by this recall.
Current Vehicles Impacted by the Recall
- Dodge Journey MY 2014-2018 SUV
- Dodge Durango MY 2014-2018 SUV
- Dodge Challenger MY 2015-2018 2-Door
- Dodge Charger MY 2014-2018 4-Door
- Ram 3500 MY 2014-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 3500 Cab Chassis MY 2014-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 3500 Less Than 10,000 Pound Cab Chassis MY 2016-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 2500 MY 2014-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 4500/5500 Cab Chassis MY 2014-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 1500 MY 2014-2019 Pickup Truck
- Jeep Wrangler MY 2018 SUV
- Jeep Grand Cherokee MY 2014-2018 SUV
- Jeep Cherokee MY 2014-2018 SUV
- Chrysler 300 MY 2014-2018 4-Door
- Chrysler Pacifica MY 2017-2018 Van
- Chrysler 200 MY 2015-2017 4-Door
Check Your Vehicle For Recalls
The NHTSA is urging motorists to check their vehicles for recalls. You can use the VIN lookup tool to see if your vehicle is currently under recall for a defective or dangerous part. If your vehicle is under recall, contact a local dealership immediately to schedule your free repair.
If you have been injured or if you have lost a loved one in a car accident involving defective parts in San Diego, along the Central Coast or in any of the surrounding communities, contact the skilled and proven team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. at 1.800.GO.HARRIS for a free case consultation today.