NHTSA’s National Drunk Driving Enforcement Mobilization
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is getting ready to publicize their 2019 “Driver Sober or Get Pulled Over” national drunk driving enforcement mobilization. This mobilization will go into effect beginning on August 14 and running through the beginning of September. Law enforcement and public safety agencies across the nation will be participating. Since alcohol-impaired driving is still one of the deadliest and most often committed, yet 100-percent preventable crimes, the NHTSA is hoping to tackle this safety epidemic head-on.
Law Enforcement Agencies Gear up For ”Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over”
Law enforcement agencies in California and all across America are gearing up for “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over.” From local
departments and offices to state public safety agencies, everybody is going to be mobilizing for this increased enforcement period. Additionally, the NHTSA will be raising awareness through various public service campaigns on television, social media and various state and local outlets all over the US.
U.S. Drunk Driving Crash Facts
- Approximately one-third of all traffic crash fatalities in the U.S. involve drunk drivers.
- In 2017, there were 10,874 people killed in drunk driving crashes.
- Of traffic fatalities in 2017 among children 14 years old and younger, 19 percent occurred in drunk driving crashes.
- In 2017, one person was killed every 48 minutes by a drunk driver.
- During the 2017 Labor Day holiday period (September 1 to September 5), there were 376 crash fatalities nationwide.
- 44 percent of those fatalities involved drivers who had been drinking.
- Alcohol-impaired driving crashes cost the U.S. about $44 billion annually.
Drunk Driving Accidents in San Diego
After any kind of car accident involving a drunk driver or suspected impaired driver, it’s a good idea to speak with an attorney about your case. Your attorney can be your advocate and fight to get you the compensation you deserve to cover medical bills and other expenses associated with your injuries.
If you have been injured or if you have lost a loved one in an accident involving a drunk driver in San Diego or anywhere along the Central Coast, contact the skilled and proven team at Harris
Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. a 1.800.GO.HARRIS for a free case consultation today.