Northridge Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Northridge Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bike accidents are a leading cause of injuries and death every year. If you believe that someone else’s negligence caused your accident, our personal injury firm is ready to represent you. Our attorneys have successfully represented clients in all types of cases, pursuing the maximum compensation available through both insurance claims and, when necessary, lawsuits.
We handle the following types of cases, among others:
- Impaired driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Accidents caused by hazardous conditions
If you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident, contact us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to learn how our legal team can help you pursue damages for your injuries.
Driver Negligence is a Leading Cause of Bicycle Accidents.
Accidents happen for a variety of reasons. However, one of the most common causes is a motorist’s carelessness while behind the wheel. Our Northridge bicycle accident attorneys can represent you if you were injured or lost a loved one in a bicycle crash caused by someone else’s negligence.
Instances of negligence that can cause bicycle accidents may include:
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs or alcohol
- Poor road conditions due to defects in the road, bad weather, and traffic
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Failure to check blind spots
From Minor to Catastrophic Injuries
The injuries stemming from bicycle accidents can range from minor to catastrophic. A minor injury does not result in lasting or substantial damage like brain or spinal cord damage. However, catastrophic injuries are life-altering and demand a different case strategy.
Catastrophic injuries are marked by the following features:
- Substantial Damage: Catastrophic injuries result in much higher monetary recoveries. This is because catastrophic injuries often result in a lifetime of lost income and medical care and as such, the stakes are very high.
- Increased Scrutiny: Insurance companies tend to closely examine every aspect of a catastrophic injury case since the payouts tend to be much higher. However, our Beverly Hills bike accident attorneys will work to ensure that you are not pressured into accepting an unfavorable settlement.
- Litigation: Because of the severity of the injuries and the seriousness of the claim, a catastrophic injury is more likely to proceed to trial. When it does, our team is poised to represent your interests to a California judge or jury.
Compensation for Your Minor or Catastrophic Bicycle Accident in Northridge
After suffering injuries in a collision with a bicyclist or while you were riding your bike, you should consult an experienced personal injury lawyer about your right to compensation. If there is evidence that another person was at fault for the accident, you may be able to pursue compensation for your financial, physical, and psychological injuries.
Working with an attorney will make it far more likely that you can recover a sufficient amount of compensation to help you get back on your feet. As such, it is important to consult one before proceeding with your claim.
By working with a lawyer, you are more likely to obtain the maximum amount of compensation possible for your:
- Past, current, and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage
Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers
Whether you have suffered moderate or severe injuries, or you have lost a loved one in a car crash, our firm is here to help. We are not afraid to go up against major insurers, and we will fight for your right to compensation in court. To get started, contact us online or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free consultation. We look forward to your call.