Norwalk Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Norwalk Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
California sees some of the highest rates of pedestrian fatalities in the nation, the vast majority of which are caused by distracted or impaired driving. In many cases, the driver is to blame: texting while driving, driving while impaired, disregarding traffic laws, and generally failing to use reasonable care while behind the wheel can have a deadly impact on pedestrians lawfully using a crosswalk. Our Norwalk pedestrian accident lawyers know the adversity victims of these accidents face, from a profound impact on their careers and finances to the debilitating pain involved in the treatment and recovery process.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a pedestrian collision, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation with a pedestrian accident attorney. Our team is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we can come to you if you are unable to travel. Give us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to get started.
Common Causes of Vehicle-Pedestrian Collisions in California
Our personal injury lawyers have a track record of successfully recovering damages for victims of pedestrian accidents. We have found that the most common forms of negligence that lead to pedestrian collisions include the following:
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Drowsy driving
- Running red lights
- Driving without headlights
- Failing to yield to the pedestrian’s right of way
- Ignoring crossing signals
Steps to Take After a Vehicle-Pedestrian Collision
If you’ve been hit by a car, or if you witnessed a friend or family member’s accident, you will need to act quickly to preserve evidence that can support your claim.
- Call 911. First and foremost, call 911 immediately. Beyond creating a record of the victim’s injuries, this will ensure that the victim immediately gets the treatment he or she needs – which should be everyone’s number one priority. Never assume that the victim is “okay” or does not need immediate help. Certain injuries, like head traumas, can be hard to detect, so leave this to the professionals.
- Speak with the driver. While speaking with the at-fault driver is undoubtedly the last thing you want to do, it is critical to obtain his or her name, contact information, and insurance information before leaving the scene.
- Document the accident and injuries. While the incident is still unfolding, take as many photos and videos as you can, capturing the vehicles involved, the crosswalk or intersection, resulting property damage, and the victim’s injuries.
- Track down eyewitnesses. Approach any known eyewitnesses to gather names and contact information. Their accounts of the accident may be critical down the road should you decide to file a claim.
- Seek a full medical examination for the victim. Even if you feel that you – or the victim – have emerged from the incident unscathed, it is vital to still undergo a full evaluation by a medical professional to check for hidden injuries and to create a record of the damage.
For a Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our experience representing accident victims throughout California positions us to help you pursue maximum compensation for your injuries and other losses. Throughout the years, we have helped injured clients collectively recover more than $300 million in damages.
A member of our legal team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your questions. Call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online.