Norwalk Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Norwalk Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slip and fall accidents send thousands of people to emergency rooms and urgent care facilities every year. For victims, the cost of medical care alone can easily reach tens of thousands of dollars.
Our Norwalk slip and fall attorneys understand how devastating these types of accidents can be. If you have been injured in a slip and fall incident, we are here to help you pursue the compensation you need to regain your financial footing. To discuss your case in a free, no-risk consultation, dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS today. Someone is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call, and we will come to you if you are unable to travel.
Types of Slip and Fall Claims We Handle in Norwalk
- Weather-related slip and falls
- Poolside slip and falls
- Outdoor slip and falls
- Indoor slip and falls
- Falls caused by freshly mopped floors without associated warning signs
- Slip and falls caused by spilled liquids
- Falls due to a lack of adequate handrails on a stairwell
- Falls on public walkways and parking lots
- Slip and falls on public property
- Slip and falls on commercial premises
- Slip and falls on residential premises
Our Norwalk Slip and Fall Attorneys Are Experienced in Defending Victims.
There are dozens of tactics an insurance company or property owner might use to dispute your claim. Our Norwalk slip and fall attorneys can help you stay one step ahead by anticipating the disputes that are most likely to arise.
Here are a few of the reasons an opposing party might dispute your claim:
- Lack of Actual or Constructive Knowledge: Property owners have a legal duty to ensure their premises are reasonably safe for invitees by inspecting their premises and resolving obvious hazards. To win a slip and fall case, it is usually necessary to prove that the defendant (or one of its employees) had actual or constructive knowledge of a hazard on the property. If the defendant did not know about the hazard (actual knowledge) or there is no way that he should have known about it (constructive knowledge), he or she may try to escape liability.
- You Were Negligent: If you were caught on camera doing something that contributed to the slip and fall, you might be held partially or entirely liable for your own damages. For example, if you purposely ascended a staircase that was covered in caution tape, it’s unlikely that the property owner would be responsible if you fell and broke a leg.
- You Failed to Mitigate Your Damages: Even if your lawyer can prove the property owner was negligent, a dispute could still arise if you fail to mitigate your damages, that is, take any steps you can to minimize your medical bills, lost income, and other damages. Such a dispute might arise if you ignore your doctor’s instructions by participating in strenuous activities, missing medical appointments, failing to fill your prescriptions, or returning to work too soon.
- The Statute of Limitations Passed: There are strict deadlines for filing personal injury lawsuits. If the deadline that applies to your case has passed, the opposing party is unlikely to pay a settlement since your case will almost certainly be dismissed.
Discuss Your Case with A Norwalk Slip and Fall Attorney.
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident and believe that the property owner, manager, or tenant may be responsible, contact us right away. We are experienced litigators who know what it takes to pursue substantial awards for our slip and fall clients. More than 5,000 victims have turned to us for guidance and we have earned hundreds of five-star reviews on Google for our aggressive, effective legal services.
Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review. We look forward to hearing your story and helping you recover.