Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Pomona Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bicycle accidents in Pomona are a serious problem and can leave you suffering potentially life-threatening injuries. When the actions of other road users are to blame, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you hold them accountable.
As experienced Pomona bicycle accident attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to guide you in filing a claim. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth hundreds of thousands of dollars on behalf of bicycle accident victims. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Pomona Bicycle Accident Attorneys Provide The Professional Legal Representation You Need
Bicycling provides an environmentally-friendly form of transportation and is a fun way to stay physically fit. However, considering the amount of traffic in our area, it does carry significant risks. The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reports an average of three people each month are injured as a result of bicycle accidents in Pomona. As bicyclists have little to protect them, injuries are often severe.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the professional legal representation victims in these cases need. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Pomona bicycle accident attorneys handle include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as fractured vertebrae and damage to discs;
- Burn injuries, due to contact with hot engine oils or parts;
- Concussions, skull fractures, and other types of traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to body limbs and internal organs;
- Road rash, which can cause lasting disfigurement;
- Severe cuts and lacerations, resulting in permanent scarring;
- Strained or torn muscles and tendons, which take long months to heal;
- Spinal cord injuries, which may cause partial or complete paralysis.
What Are The Most Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents In Pomona?
The City of Pomona encourages bicycling and is updating infrastructure to make it safer. However, while increasing the number of bike paths and adding more traffic signals will help, this fails to address underlying causes. When bicycle accidents in Pomona happen, it is generally due to reckless driving behaviors on the part of motorists.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help bicycle accident victims hold at-fault drivers accountable. While you focus on your recovery, our Pomona bicycle accident attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Common causes of bicycle accidents in cases we represent include:
- Opening car doors without looking and checking for bicyclists first;
- Failing to yield to bicyclists at crosswalks or when making turns;
- Running red lights and disregarding other traffic signs or signals;
- Driving distracted, such as making calls, texting, and adjusting GPS settings;
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or medications.
How Can I Get Compensation For Bicycle Accident Injuries?
Auto insurance policies drivers are required to have in place can help to compensate you for injuries you suffer in a Pomona bicycle accident. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. You can count on us to aggressively negotiate with insurance representations on your behalf, ensuring you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in any settlements.
If the driver is uninsured or your injuries are severe, our Pomona bicycle accident attorneys will not hesitate to file personal injury lawsuit against them. Damages you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code in this type of claim include:
- Economic damages: These cover your actual costs, such as current medical expenses and lost wages, as well as any future costs you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order if the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
What Happens In A Hit and Run Bicycle Accident?
It is not uncommon for at-fault drivers to flee the scene of a bicycle accident. Our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers takes the actions needed to apprehend them. This includes:
- Interviewing witnesses at the scene to get a description of the driver;
- Obtaining nearby surveillance footage, which can help identify the vehicle;
- Working with local law enforcement to solicit tips from the general public;
- Speaking to local mechanic shops, where the driver may have taken their car for repairs.
As experienced Pomona bicycle accident attorneys, we typically represent these cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
When bicycle accidents happen, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. to help you get the compensation you need to recover. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Pomona bicycle accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.