Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Pomona Brain Injury Attorneys
Bumps and blows to the head often occur due to a variety of different types of accidents. Unfortunately, these can result in serious and potentially life-threatening brain injuries. Even in seemingly minor cases, you could be left with permanent disabilities. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc, we help you hold those at-fault accountable so you can get the compensation you need to recover.
Our experienced Pomona brain injury attorneys are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Pomona Brain Injury Attorneys Represent
Residents of Pomona enjoy the conveniences of a major city along with an abundance of opportunities for outdoor activities. However, residents need to be aware of potential personal injury risks. Accidents occur on a regular basis and can leave victims suffering potentially serious brain injuries.
Brain injuries can happen anytime there is a sudden bump, blow, or jolt to the head. According to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), more than 8,000 people suffer brain injuries in Pomona and in other cities throughout Los Angeles County each year. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Pomona brain injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve. Common causes of brain injuries in cases we handle include:
- Car accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Bicycle accidents,
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Accidents involving buses and other types of public transportation;
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Accidents in which victims are struck by or against objects;
- Accidents caused by defective and dangerous products;
- Any type of accident in which brain injuries occur.
What Are Common Symptoms of Brain Injuries?
Even a seemingly minor bump or blow to the head can disrupt neural pathways in the brain, resulting in brain injuries. According to medical experts at the Mayo Clinic, common symptoms a brain injury has occurred include:
- Momentary loss of consciousness;
- Loss of memory;
- Vision disturbances;
- Lack of coordination;
- Problems walking or maintaining balance;
- Difficult in communicating with others or understanding what is being said.
As experienced Pomona brain injury attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers advise clients who are involved in any type of accident where a head injury is suspected to seek medical care immediately, regardless of symptoms. Failing to do so could jeopardize your health and your rights in a brain injury claim.
How Do I Get Compensation For Brain Injuries?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns that concussions, skull fractures, and other types of brain injuries claim the lives of more than 150 people each day. In even minor cases, permanent impacts victims may suffer include:
- Physical impairments, such as difficulty walking or performing certain types of tasks;
- Cognitive impairments, impacting speech, hearing, and thought processes;
- Emotional impairments, resulting in depression, anxiety, fits of rage, and other personality changes.
Accidents resulting in brain injuries typically happen due to the reckless actions of others involved. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold them accountable in a claim. Our experienced Pomona brain injury attorneys act as a strong legal advocate on your behalf, providing the legal guidance you need to get the compensation through insurers or through a personal injury lawsuit filed against those responsible.
How Much Compensation Am I Entitled To In A Brain Injury Claim?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team is dedicated to ensuring you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in your brain injury claim. While this will vary depending on the severity of your injuries and the circumstances surrounding your case, common types of compensation awarded in a brain injury lawsuit includes:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and any future medical costs you are likely to incur;
- Compensation for household help, home modifications, and other assistance you require while you recover from your brain injuries;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and compensation for future losses in income due to ongoing impairments;
- Compensation for the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life your brain injuries result in;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order to punish those at fault for particularly negligent behavior.
It is important to note that in handling brain injury cases, our Pomona brain injury attorneys work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Schedule A Free Consultation Today
You have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover from brain injuries. To ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Pomona brain injury attorneys online to schedule a free consultation today.