Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Pomona Bus Accident Attorneys
Bus accidents in Pomona happen on a regular basis and in even seemingly minor cases, serious personal injuries often result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. we help victims get the compensation they need to recover.
As experienced Pomona bus accident attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days to provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Common Cases Our Pomona Bus Accident Attorneys Represent
Taking the bus provides a convenient, cost-effective way to travel and there are plenty of options to choose from in our area. Foothills Transit provides extensive routes throughout Pomona while Greyhound can take you anywhere along the coast or across the country. Many people take advantage of these services, but few are aware of the risks.
Bus accidents happen regularly and for a variety of reasons. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help injured victims get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. You can count on our Pomona bus accident attorneys to provide the professional legal representation needed in the following types of cases:
- Bus accidents involving crashes and collisions with other buses, motorists, or fixed objects;
- Bus accidents that occur at bus stops and stations;
- Bus accidents in which passengers are injured during the trip or while boarding;
- Bus accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists.
What Causes Bus Accidents?
According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), an average of roughly 60 people are killed due to bus accidents each year while thousands of others suffer potentially serious injuries. Road, weather, and traffic conditions often play a role in these crashes, but the fact is that the underlying cause is generally negligence on the part of the bus company and their employees.
When bus accidents impact you or a loved one, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to conduct a thorough investigation to determine how it happened and who is responsible. Common causes in cases our Pomona bus accident attorneys handle include:
- Reckless driving behavior, such as speeding, disregarding traffic signs or signals, driving distracted, driving while impaired, and drowsy driving;
- Lack of driver training and certifications, which increases the chances of dangerous driving errors;
- Improper bus maintenance, which increase the odds of mechanical failure that make bus accidents more likely to occur;
- Negligence on the part of bus companies, for not properly vetting drivers, not ensuring routine maintenance tasks are performed, and over scheduling routes.
What Should I Do If A Bus Accident Happens?
When any type of bus accident happens, your first steps should be to make sure an accident report is filed and to get medical care for your injuries, regardless of their severity. Failing to do so could jeopardize your health and your rights in a bus accident claim.
Your next step should be to contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. In the immediate aftermath of a bus accident, you will likely hear from the bus company’s insurers. While it is not uncommon for them to offer an immediate settlement, the amount is apt to be far less than what you deserve.
Our legal team can aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf, with the goal of getting you the maximum amount you are entitled to in any settlements. In the event a reasonable amount cannot be reached or your injuries are severe, our Pomona bus accident attorneys will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against the bus company, the driver, and any others involved.
How Much Am I Entitled To In A Bus Accident Claim?
While you focus on recovering from your bus accident injuries, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to focus on getting you the maximum amount you need to cover both your current and future losses. Our Pomona bus accident attorneys typically work on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Common types of compensation available under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages: This covers actual costs, such as your current medical costs and lost wages, as well as any future losses you are likely to incur;
- Non-economic damages: This covers intangible costs, such as your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your bus accident injuries;
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order if the bus company or its employees acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted guidance and professional legal representation you need after a bus accident. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Pomona bus accident attorneys online today.