Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Pomona Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Pedestrian accidents in Pomona happen on a regular basis and often result in serious, potentially life-threatening personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims and their families get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim.
Our experienced Pomona pedestrian accident attorneys provide the professional legal representation you need to hold at-fault drivers accountable. You can count on us to be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and our top case results reveal millions of dollars in settlements and jury awards on behalf of our clients. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Our Pomona Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), more than 70 people are injured as a result of pedestrian accidents in Pomona each year. This averages to roughly six people per month and ranks us within the top ten in terms of risk, compared to similarly-sized cities throughout the state.
With little to protect them when pedestrian accidents happen, victims often suffer severe injuries. When these impact you or a family member, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to help you get the compensation you need to recover. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Pomona pedestrian accident attorneys represent include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash and damaged to vertebrae or discs;
- Broken bones, dislocated joints, and multiple fractures;
- Crushing injuries, causing permanent damage to limbs and body organs;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, which often result in permanent scars and disfigurement;
- Head injuries, resulting in concussion, skull fractures, and other traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Road rash and burns due to contact with hot engine oils or parts;
- Soft tissue injuries, causing damage to muscles and tendons;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
What Causes Pedestrian Accidents?
Studies by the University of California at Berkeley found that crumbling sidewalks, a lack of traffic signals or crosswalks, and poor street lighting all contribute to pedestrian accidents in Pomona. However, it is generally the reckless actions of motorists involved that are ultimately to blame.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold them accountable. Among the most common causes in cases our Pomona pedestrian accident attorneys handle include:
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights and stop signs;
- Failing to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks;
- Driving distracted, such as using cell phones or texting;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, or other drugs,
- Drowsy driving and falling asleep behind the wheel.
Can A Pedestrian Sue If Hit By A Car?
When a pedestrian accident happens, the at-fault driver’s insurance policy may cover some of your costs. However, before making any statements or agreeing to any settlements, speak to our Pomona pedestrian accidents first.
You can trust Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf, with the goal of getting you the maximum amount you are entitled to. If the driver is uninsured or your injuries are severe, we can guide you in filing a pedestrian accident lawsuit against them through the Los Angeles County Civil Courts. Compensation you may be entitled to in this type of claim includes:
- Coverage of your current medical expenses and any future costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for current lost wages and any future losses in income you suffer as a result of lingering disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your pedestrian accident injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order if the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful or negligent manner. .
What If A Pedestrian Accident Involves A Hit and Run Driver?
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for drivers to leave the scene of pedestrian accidents in Pomona. When this happens, our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers take the swift legal actions needed to identify them so that they can be held responsible. Efforts we make on your behalf include:
- Interviewing witnesses who were at the scene to get a description of the driver;
- Reviewing nearby surveillance footage, which can help identify the vehicle;
- Working with law enforcement to solicit tips from the general public;
- Talking to local mechanics, who the driver may have gone to for repairs.
As experienced Pomona pedestrian accident attorneys, we typically handle these cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request a Free Consultation Today
When pedestrian accidents happen, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Attorneys to provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. To find out how we can help in your case, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Pomona pedestrian accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.