Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Pomona Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slips and falls are no minor accident. They can leave you suffering serious and potentially disabling personal injuries. In the majority of cases, the reckless actions of others are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we provide the professional legal representation you need to hold them accountable
As experienced Pomona slip and fall attorneys, our goal is to ensure you get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. We are here 24 hours a day, seven days a week when slips and falls happen and our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth hundreds of thousands of dollars for clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Common Causes of Slips and Falls In Cases Our Pomona Slip and Fall Attorneys Represent
When it comes to personal injuries, slips and falls are one of the most common causes. According to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, they are responsible for more hospitalizations in our area than car crashes or other common types of accidents. Slips and falls impact more than 160,000 people each year and often happen in other people’s homes, in public places such as grocery stores, retail establishments, restaurants, and resorts, or in office buildings and hospitals.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to helping victims injured in slip and fall accidents get the compensation they need to recover in a claim. Common causes in cases our Pomona slip and fall attorneys handle include:
- Wet, slippery floors;
- Torn carpeting and loose flooring tiles;
- Cluttered aisles and hallways;
- Uneven sidewalks and paths;
- Lack of proper landscaping;
- Lack of proper lighting;
- Lack of handrails at heights and on stairs.
How Serious Are Slip and Fall Injuries?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns that slips and falls are one of the most common causes of death and disability. Whenever a slip and fall happens, it is important to report it immediately to the police, onsite security, or the property owner so that an accident report can be filed. You should also seek medical attention as soon as possible, regardless of the severity of the accident or your symptoms. Even minor slips and falls can cause major harm. Not getting medical care could jeopardize your health, as well as your rights in a claim.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we act as a strong legal advocate on the side of slip and fall accident victims. While you focus on your recovery, we focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Pomona slip and fall attorneys handle include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as slipped or herniated discs;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Deep cuts and lacerations;
- Head injuries, including concussions and other types of traumatic brain injuries;
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle or tendon sprains, strains, and tears;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or permanent paralysis.
How Do I Get Compensation For Slip and Fall Injuries?
While slips and falls are generally referred to as ‘accidents’, they typically occur due to the reckless actions of property owners, managers, and their employees. When you suffer serious injuries as a result, you have the right to hold them accountable in a claim.
Under Section 1714 of the California Code, everyone is responsible for actions or inactions that put others at risk. Depending on the situation, you may be entitled to file a claim against the property owner’s insurer. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team aggressively negotiates with these companies on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements.
If insurance is unavailable or a reasonable amount cannot be reached, our Pomona slip and fall attorneys will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against those involved. Compensation you may be entitled to in this type of claim includes:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and compensation for any future treatment costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement of lost wages and any future losses in income or benefits due to lingering disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain and suffering you experience, as well as for any loss of enjoyment in life your slip and fall injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order in your case if the property owner acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc, our goal is to get you the compensation you need to recover from slip and fall injuries. We typically represent slip and fall accident cases on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Pomona slip and falls attorneys online and request a free consultation today.