Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Pomona Train Accident Attorneys
Local residents often rely on train service for their commute, to run errands, and to visit friends or area attractions. While easy access makes it a convenient way to travel, there are certain risks. Train accidents in Pomona happen on a regular basis and can result in serious, potentially life-threatening personal injuries. When these impact you or someone you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
As experienced Pomona train accident attorneys, we provide the professional legal representation you need when dealing with train companies and their insurers. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you in filing a claim, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Pomona Train Accident Attorneys Represent
Between the downtown Metrolink train station and the one on Santa Fe Street, residents of Pomona have easy access to train service. Schedules include daily runs throughout Los Angeles County and the surrounding areas. For longer trips, Amtrak trains can take you up and down the coast or across the country.
Unfortunately, with all the train tracks and train activity in our area, accidents are a fairly common occurrence. When these cause you to suffer serious personal injuries, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you get the compensation you need to recover. Cases our Pomona train accident attorneys represent include:
- Train accidents involving crashes and collisions with other trains or stationary objects;
- Train derailments, in which passenger cars rollover or jump the tracks;
- Train station accidents, which can involve slips, trips, and falls or other mishaps;
- Onboard accidents, which can happen either during the boarding process or in the course of your trip;
- Train track accidents, which can endanger nearby motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
What Are Common Causes of Train Accidents In Pomona?
According to statistics from the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), California has one of the highest rates for train accidents in the country. With the number of trains running throughout Los Angeles County, residents of our area are at increased risk. Metrolink train accidents alone claim the lives of nearly 50 people each year while hundreds of other victims suffer serious personal injuries.
When train accident injuries impact you or a family member, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to find out exactly what happened and who is responsible. Among the most common causes in cases our Pomona train accident attorneys handle include:
- Reckless operations on the part of the train conductor or engineer;
- Mistakes and oversights on the part of signalers, switchmen, and other train company employees;
- Lack of proper maintenance of train tracks, rail cars, or other equipment;
- Train company negligence, such as failing to properly train or vet employees, over-scheduling, and other reckless practices.
How Do I File A Train Accident Claim?
When train accidents happen due to the negligence of the train company or their employees, you have the right to file a claim seeking compensation for the damages you suffer. However, it is important to be aware that train companies have teams of attorneys on their side, ready to defend them against liability. To protect your rights, get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours.
Our Pomona train accident attorneys will thoroughly review your case, gathering the evidence needed in filing a claim. We have the experience and legal expertise needed to aggressively negotiate with the train company’s attorneys and insurers on your behalf, with the goal of getting you the maximum amount you are entitled to in any settlement. If a reasonable amount cannot be reached or your injuries are severe, we will not hesitate in filing a lawsuit against those involved. Damages you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code include:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs, such as your current medical bills and lost wages, as well as any future expenses you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages: These compensate you for the pain, suffering, and mental anguish caused by your train accident, as well as any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order. It is designed to punish the train company and their employees for particularly willful and negligent behavior.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
You have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover when a train accident happens. Get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. on your side. We typically handle these cases on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To discuss your options in filing a claim, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Pomona train accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.