Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Pomona Truck Accident Attorneys
Semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and other big rigs are massive machines that can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. For motorists, it is important to use caution when sharing the road with them. When truck accidents in Pomona happen, it is generally other drivers involved who suffer the most serious injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims in these cases get the compensation they need to recover.
Our experienced Pomona truck accident attorneys are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to guide you in filing a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of clients. To discuss how we can help in your case, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Pomona Truck Accident Attorneys Provide The Aggressive Legal Representation You Need
California has one of the highest rates for truck accidents in the country. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), more than 350 major truck accidents happen throughout the state each year. Considering our position between the mountains and the coast, our proximity to LA, and the fact that Interstate 10 passes directly through our area, residents of Pomona are at an increased risk.
When truck accidents in Pomona do occur, it is often due to negligence on the part of the driver or the company they work for. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Pomona truck accident attorneys provide the aggressive legal representation you need to hold them accountable. Common causes of truck accidents in cases we represent include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the driver, such as speeding, driving distracted, and driving under the influence;
- Lack of proper training or experience, which increases the likelihood of dangerous mistakes;
- Lack of proper truck maintenance, resulting in tire blow outs, brake failures, and other mechanical problems, increasing truck accident risks;
- Negligence on the part of the trucking company, such as requiring overly demanding schedules, not providing breaks, and not penalizing truckers for traffic infractions.
How Do Truck Accidents Happen?
The California Department of Transportation (DOT) shows a significant number of major truck routes passing through Pomona. This makes truck accidents more of a concern for local motorists. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent people who suffer serious injuries in these accidents. Common types of truck crashes and collisions in cases our Pomona truck accident attorneys handle include:
- Head-on truck accidents, which often occur on interstates and near exit or entrance ramps;
- Jackknife truck accidents, which typically happen in heavy traffic when the truck driver slams on the brakes, causing the trailer to ride up alongside the cab at a 90-degree angle;
- Rollover truck accidents, which are often due to unevenly loaded cargo and are particularly common around curves;
- Side-swipe truck accidents, which can occur when truck drivers attempt to pass other vehicles;
- T-bone truck accidents, which often happen in intersections when a truck slams directly into the side of another vehicle;
- Under-ride truck accidents, which is when trucks fail to have the required safety bars in place to prevent motorists from hitting them and going directly underneath the trailer.
How Do I Get The Trucking Company To Pay For My Truck Accident Injuries?
Both truck drivers and the companies they work for can be held liable for injuries you suffer in a truck accident. However, it is important to be aware that trucking companies typically have teams of attorneys working on their side, ready to defend them against claims. To ensure you get the compensation you are entitled to, get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Attorneys working on yours.
Our Pomona truck accident attorneys can aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives involved on your behalf. If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against the driver and the trucking company. Damages available under the California Civil Code in a truck accident lawsuit include:
- Economic damages, which cover current medical expenses and lost wages, as well as any future costs you are likely to incur;
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs such as your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order in truck accident claims if the truck driver or the trucking company acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
In truck accident cases, you have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover. To ensure you get the maximum amount, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. We generally represent truck accident cases on a contingency basis, meaning there are no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Pomona truck accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.