Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Pomona Wrongful Death Attorneys
Accidents in Pomona happen on a regular basis, resulting in serious personal injuries. When these prove fatal, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provide the professional legal representation devastated family members need.
Our experienced Pomona wrongful death attorneys help you hold those at fault accountable. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars in wrongful death lawsuits. No amount of money can make up for your loss, but filing a claim can provide a sense of justice while ensuring you are provided for in the future. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today to request a free consultation.
During This Difficult Time, Our Pomona Wrongful Death Attorneys Are Here To Help You
Losing a loved one is always hard. It is particularly devastating when it occurs due to an accident that could have otherwise been prevented. According to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, accidental injuries are one of the leading causes of death in Pomona and can happen as a result of:
- Car accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Accidents involving buses and other types of public transportation;
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Getting struck by or against objects;
- Accidents due to dangerous or defective products;
- Accidents involving nursing home abuse or medical errors;
- Any type of accident that results in fatal injuries.
When a loved one is killed as a result of the above, our experienced Pomona wrongful death attorneys are here to help. During this difficult time, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a wrongful death claim.
Who Is Responsible For A Wrongful Death?
Under Section 377.60 of the California Civil Code, a wrongful death is one that occurs due to the wrongful acts or negligent actions of others involved. While the at-fault party may not have intended to cause your loved one’s death, they can still be held accountable in a wrongful death claim.
While you focus on dealing with your devastating loss, you can trust Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to determine exactly what happened and who was responsible. Common causes in cases our Pomona wrongful death attorneys represent include:
- Negligence on the part of drivers, who engage in dangerous behaviors such as speeding, running red lights, and driving distracted or under the influence;
- Negligence on the part of businesses or their employees, who fail to take proper safety precautions or follow recommended rules and regulations;
- Negligence on the part of property owners, who fail to properly maintain the premises or warn visitors that dangers existed;
- Negligence on the part of product manufacturers and distributors, who fail to provide proper instructions, warn users of potential dangers, or pull defective products from store shelves.
How Do I File A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
When a loved one dies due to the negligence of others, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers act as a strong legal advocate on your side. The first step is often dealing with any insurance companies involved. Our Pomona wrongful death attorneys aggressively negotiate with representatives on your behalf, making sure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in any settlements.
If insurance is unavailable or fails to adequately compensate you for your losses, our legal team will not hesitate to file a wrongful death lawsuit on your behalf. Those entitled to file this type of claim include:
- The victim’s spouse or domestic partner;
- Their children or grandchildren;
- Their parents, grandparents, and other immediate family members;
- The personal representative of their estate;
- Anyone who would have otherwise been entitled to inherit from the victim.
How Much Is A Wrongful Death Lawsuit Worth?
No amount of money can make up for your loss or ease the grief you experience due to your loved one’s passing. However, filing a wrongful death lawsuit through the Los Angeles County Courts can provide a sense of justice while ensuring you are provided for in a way the victim would have wanted. Common types of compensation available in this type of claim includes:
- Economic damages: This covers actual costs, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and funeral costs, as well as future losses in income due to your loved one’s passing.
- Non-economic damages: This covers intangible costs, such as the pain, suffering, loss of companionship, and loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to a wrongful death.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order in your case, designed to punish the at-fault party for particularly willful and negligent behavior.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we typically handle wrongful death cases on a contingency basis, meaning there are no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Pomona wrongful death attorneys online today.