Bird Scooter Accidents Attorneys | Bird Scooter Injury Lawyers
If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence while riding a Bird scooter, or if you were injured by someone who was recklessly operating a Bird scooter, you may be entitled to compensation. The California Bird scooter injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will review your accident in a free, no-obligation consultation to determine if you have grounds for a claim.
Our accident lawyers have won more than $300 million for victims of personal injury and wrongful death throughout California. You have nothing to lose by scheduling a free case evaluation. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to speak with a Bird scooter injury attorney at our law firm.
Why Are Bird Scooters So Dangerous?
California has a reputation for traffic congestion, and creative entrepreneurs have begun experimenting with new solutions to this growing problem. Bird scooters offer a convenient, cost-effective, and environmentally conscious way to make short trips around urban areas; however, the number of accidents involving these scooters is on the rise.
Bird scooters can reach speeds of 15 miles per hour—plenty of velocity to cause serious injuries in the event of a collision. Riders often are not wearing helmets or other safety gear to reduce the severity of injuries in the event of a crash.
To skirt traffic, some Bird scooter riders choose to weave through cars and drive on sidewalks, which puts other drivers and pedestrians in danger. Reports have also surfaced of riders leaving their scooters in the middle of walkways, putting people at risk of trip and fall accidents.
Even at slow speeds, a crash involving an electric scooter can result in devastating injuries. An impact with a motor vehicle can cause traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, neck injuries, soft tissue damage, lacerations, and severe bruising.
If you were hurt in a Bird scooter accident, turn to the attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers for legal advice. We have the resources, experience, and legal strategies to help you navigate the claims process and fight for the maximum settlement. Our Bird scooter injury attorneys will give your case their full attention and will dig deep to gather all available evidence to prove liability and the value of your damages.
What Should I Do After a Bird Scooter Accident in California?
The steps you should take after a Bird scooter accident are essentially the same as those you would take after any other car crash or pedestrian accident. They include:
- Call the Police: A crash report can play an important role in proving liability and tying your injuries to the crash. Bring a copy of the accident report to your initial consultation with a personal injury attorney at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers.
- Take Photos: Pictures can also be valuable evidence of liability and damages. Take timestamped photos of property damage, injuries, the weather and road conditions, the positions of vehicles, the intersection, and relevant signage.
- Record the Driver’s Information: If you were hit by a negligent driver, write down his or her name, phone number, address, and insurance information. Take photos of his or her driver’s license, insurance card, and license plate.
- Record Witnesses’ Information: Write down the phone numbers, names, and email addresses of eyewitnesses. Your California Bird scooter injury lawyer might use their testimony to support your claim.
- Visit a Doctor: You should undergo an immediate medical evaluation so all of your injuries can be documented.
- Contact a Bird Scooter Injury Lawyer: Schedule a consultation with an attorney from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to find out if you have grounds for a claim and determine how to proceed.
Our lawyers can handle the legal complexities of your claim so you can focus on recovering from your injuries. During your free case evaluation, we will explain what will happen over the coming weeks and months, potential outcomes of your case, and what you can do to strengthen your claim. We will then investigate your crash to gather the evidence needed to give your claim the best chance of success.
Mistakes to Avoid After a Bird Scooter Accident in California
As previously mentioned, there are several steps you must take to strengthen your claim, but it is equally important that you avoid mistakes that could derail your case. Those mistakes include:
- Having a recorded conversation with the defendant or insurance adjuster;
- Using social media before your case has been resolved;
- Ignoring your personal injury lawyer’s advice;
- Ignoring your doctor’s treatment instructions; or
- Agreeing to a settlement offer without your attorney’s approval.
Discuss Your Case with a California Bird Scooter Accident Lawyer Today!
The injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers are ready to listen to your story, answer your questions, and help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Schedule a free case evaluation today by calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS, or fill out our contact form to reach us online.