At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of premises liability claims. These cases involve individuals being hurt on another person or business’s property because there was a hidden and dangerous defect on the property. One of the most common types of premises liability cases we handle is slip and falls. If you slipped, tripped, or stumbled and fell on someone else’s property in Santa Monica, and you believe it was because the property was not safe, we recommend you call us right away.
Our Santa Monica slip and fall lawyers are here to help you hold the property owner responsible and obtain full and fair compensation for your injuries. If your loved one passed away from a slip and fall accident, then we may be able to pursue compensation through a California wrongful death case.
To talk with us about your rights and legal options after a slip and fall, call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS. We are available 24/7 to take your call and schedule your free initial consultation. If you cannot make it to our office, we will come to you.
If you believe we are the right firm for you and want our Santa Monica slip and fall lawyers to pursue your compensation, we will take your case on a contingency fee basis. You will not owe us any fees until we win you a settlement or court ruling.
Common Causes of Santa Monica Slip and Fall Accidents
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have handled slip and fall cases arising from all types of negligent conditions, including but not limited to:
- Recently mopped or waxed flooring
- Standing water on floors
- Spilled food and beverages
- Unknown substances on the flooring
- Entrances and exits without rugs or mats
- Entrances and exits with rugs, mats, or carpets without non-slip backing
- Weather conditions, like rain
- Debris on the ground
- Poorly lit areas
- Loose or uneven stairs
We Handle Slip and Fall Cases Caused by Defects on Public or Private Property
Our slip and fall attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers are well-versed in California’s premises liability law. We know the nuances of the law and have put it to use in all types of slip and fall cases. No matter where you were hurt, we are here to help.
Our Santa Monica slip and fall attorneys provide aggressive and experienced representation following:
- Slip and falls in grocery stores and supermarkets
- Slip and falls in convenience stores and gas stations
- Slip and falls on sidewalks
- Slip and falls in public parking lots and areas
- Slip and falls in private parking lots
- Slip and falls in apartment complexes
- Slip and falls in hotels and motels
- Slip and falls in single-family homes
- Slip and falls in restaurants and bars
- Slip and falls at marinas and on boats
- Slip and falls at retail stores and malls
- Slip and falls in office buildings
- Slip and falls in entertainment venues
Gathering Importance Evidence in Santa Monica Slip and Fall Cases
One of the most important reasons to work with a Santa Monica slip and fall lawyer is to have someone conduct a thorough and independent investigation into the accident and gather as much evidence as possible. In order for you to win slip and fall compensation, we must be able to establish the property condition that caused your fall and that this condition was the result of the property owner, manager, or tenant’s negligence.
To establish the elements of a slip and fall case, our attorneys will gather:
- Photos of the area of the property in question
- Surveillance video of the accident
- Business records
- Property maintenance records
- Records of past accidents and injuries on the property
- Police and other accident reports
- Eyewitness testimony
- Testimony of employees on duty at the time
To prove your physical, emotional, and financial injuries, we will gather:
- Photos of your injuries
- Medical records
- Journal entries of how the injuries have negatively affected your life
- Medical expert testimony
- Vocational expert testimony
- Financial and economic expert testimony
Slip and Fall Compensation
By proving that the property owner, manager, or tenant is responsible for the accident and your injuries, and by establishing your injuries to an insurer or in court, we can demand that you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries.
Through a personal injury claim, you may be able to obtain compensation for your:
- Past, current, and future medical bills
- Other injury-related expenses
- Lost income and reduced future earnings
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Were You Hurt in a Slip and Fall in Santa Monica?
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a serious slip and fall accident, we recommend you contact a Santa Monica slip and fall attorney as soon as possible. You should have a legal advocate on your side before talking with an insurance company. Your lawyer will put your needs and interests first, while an insurer will try to minimize the cost of the accident and your settlement.
You can reach us through our online contact form or by calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free consultation.