Train accidents may not be as frequent as car crashes, but when they happen, they often result in serious injuries and fatalities. When you or a loved one are affected by a train accident, we recommend you contact a lawyer to help you pursue compensation. Our Santa Monica train accident lawyers are here to get to the bottom of what happened, hold the liable party responsible, and obtain you full and fair compensation for your injuries or loss.
Our team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers has years of experience handling all types of auto accidents and other personal injury and wrongful death claims. We have the skills, experience, and resources you need to have the best chance of bringing a successful claim. Over the years, we are proud to have won more than $300 million in settlements and court rulings for more than 5,000 clients.
To talk with us about how we can help you after a train accident in Santa Monica, call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS. You can also reach out to us online to schedule your free initial consultation.
We Handle All Types of Train Accident Cases in Santa Monica, CA
If you were injured in a train accident, then you need a personal injury attorney. However, not every Santa Monica personal injury attorney will have the knowledge and experience you need. Our team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers has specific experience representing train accident victims and winning train accident cases.
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you following:
- Train collision with a passenger vehicle
- Train collision with a pedestrian
- Train collision with objects on tracks
- Train accident caused by equipment defects
- Train accident caused by miscommunication
- Train accident caused by conductor negligence
- Train derailment due to equipment failure
- Train derailment due to negligence
When you are injured or a loved one is killed in a train accident, you may not know what happened or why. It requires a thorough investigation into the crash to uncover what went wrong, including whether a railroad employee was negligent or whether a motorist caused the incident.
Who Is Liable for a Train Accident?
Our Santa Monica train accident lawyers will perform an in-depth investigation into the accident to identify the underlying cause and the liable party. The party responsible for compensating you for your injuries depends on who is responsible for what went wrong.
Depending on the circumstances, the following parties could be fully or partly liable:
- The company that owns and operates the train: This company may be responsible for the negligence of a conductor, engineer, or another employee. It is also responsible for the maintenance and quality of the train.
- The company that owners the tracks: In many cases, a different company owns and maintains the tracks than the company that owns and operates the train. If the derailment or other accident was caused by defective or poorly maintained tracks, then we will pursue a claim against the track owners.
- The company that manufactured the train or a part: If a defective part caused the accident, then we may pursue compensation from the manufacturer, assembler, or retailer.
- A motorist or pedestrian: Train accidents can be caused by someone outside of the train. A motorist or pedestrian that was negligent and caused the crash may be held responsible.
Proving Your Santa Monica Train Accident Claim
To prove that the other party caused your injuries and is liable for compensating you, we will gather as much evidence as possible regarding what happened and why. We also will gather as much evidence as possible to establish the type and severity of your injuries and all of the ways they have impacted your life.
During a train accident case, we may use the following types of evidence:
- Photos and video of the crash
- Eyewitness accounts
- Business records
- Employee records
- Employee depositions
- Train and track maintenance records
- State and federal investigation findings
- Your medical records, including diagnostic imaging and test results
- Photos of your injuries
- Journal entries of how the injuries affect your life
- Medical, vocational, and financial expert testimony
- Your financial records
- Your receipts from medical bills and related expenses
Compensation for Train Accident Injuries
Because of the size, weight, and speed of trains, accidents tend to cause serious, if not catastrophic, injuries. Our Santa Monica train accident attorneys are here to help when you suffer from significant injuries, and you need to recover the maximum compensation possible. We understand unexpected accidents often cause financial issues. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers wants to help you win the compensation you deserve. Your finances should not suffer because of another person’s negligence.
Through a personal injury lawsuit, we will fight for you to receive the maximum compensation possible for:
- Lost Income
- Medical Bills
- Proper Damage
- Other Injury-Related Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Reduced Earning Capacity
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Loss of Consortium
Call Our Santa Monica Train Accident Lawyers Today
If you are suffering from train accident injuries or grieving the loss of a relative from a fatal train accident, call Harris Personal Injury Lawyers right away to schedule a free consultation. You can reach us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or through our online form.