If you or a relative were involved in a serious truck accident in Santa Monica, we recommend calling us at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers as soon as possible. Truck accident claims are often more complex than personal car crashes. Also, because they often result in significant property damage and bodily injuries, your potential compensation may be much higher than during the average car crash. For all these reasons and others, you should have a Santa Monica truck accident lawyer on your side, fighting for you to receive full and fair compensation as soon as possible.
To talk with us at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free consultation.
Types of Truck Accidents our Truck Accident Attorneys Handle:
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle Santa Monica truck wreck claims involving:
- Driver Fatigue: Truck drivers are restricted in how long they can drive by federal hours of service regulations. Truckers who lie on their logs and who drive more hours than they should in a given period of time are likely driving while overly tired and drowsy. This fatigue increases the risk of a crash.
- Driver Impairment: Truck drivers are negligent if they drive while impaired due to any type of drug, including prescription medications, or if they have a blood alcohol content of 0.04 percent or higher.
- Speeding: Trucks are large and heavy vehicles, and the faster they move, the more difficult it is for the drive to stop and avoid a crash. When truckers drive faster than the posted speed limit or what is appropriate for the conditions, they are being careless and putting lives at risk.
- Blind Spots: Large trucks, like semis, have significant blind spots. Truckers should have the knowledge and training necessary to pay attention to these areas and to avoid changing lanes into another vehicle or other blind spot accidents. Truckers who are careless and fail to pay attention to these areas increase the risk of an avoidable crash.
- Wide Turns: Truckers are trained to make difficult turns. However, semi-trucks and other large vehicles are forced to make wide turns. If truckers fail to make a left or right turn properly, they may collide with or trap another vehicle.
- Defective Parts: Not all truck accidents are the fault of the truck driver. We have handled accident claims arising from defective truck parts that failed or malfunctioned, leading to a crash.
- Shifted or Spilled Cargo: The parties responsible for loading and securing the cargo may be liable for an accident. If the cargo is not properly secured, it can shift on or in the truck, moving the truck’s center of balance. Unsecured or improperly secured cargo may come lose and fall onto the road.
What Are Commercial Trucks?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our truck accident attorneys handle cases involving all types of commercial vehicles.
These are vehicles that transport goods or passengers for payment and include:
- Truck-trailer combinations
- Cement mixers
- Box trucks
- Moving trucks
- Dump trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Livestock carriers
- Utility vehicles
- Hazardous materials (Hazmat) vehicles
- Passenger buses
Santa Monica Truck Accident Compensation
If you were injured in a trucking wreck, various parties could be responsible for the collision and your injuries. Depending on the circumstances, the at-fault party may be the truck driver, the trucking company, a maintenance provider, the cargo owner, or an auto part manufacturer.
By filing a personal injury claim against the liable party—or parties—you can pursue compensation for your:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Permanent disfigurement
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Fatal Truck Accidents
Our Santa Monica truck accident lawyers can represent you and your family if a loved one passed away due to a truck accident. We are highly experienced in litigating California wrongful death claims, including those arising from fatal trucking wrecks.
Like with a personal injury claim, we will immediately investigate the cause of the truck accident. We will take steps to preserve evidence and then file a lawsuit in order to obtain more evidence through the discovery process.
Then, through litigation or the insurance claim process, we will pursue compensation for your family’s grief, medical expenses, burial and funeral expenses, financial losses, and the value of your loved one’s services, companionship, and love.
Call Our Santa Monica Truck Accident Attorneys Today
If you were affected by a truck accident in Santa Monica, whether you suffered injuries or your spouse, parent, or child passed away, you should seek out legal advice. By working with a highly experienced and successful truck accident lawyer, you have the best opportunity to obtain personal injury or wrongful death compensation. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are proud to have helped more than 5,000 clients obtain more than $300 million in settlements and court rulings.
To talk wish us about your truck accident, contact us online or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS.