Erich Tomkinson, Esq.
This month we’ve decided to spotlight one our Los Angeles litigation attorneys, Erich Tomkinson. Erich began working for Harris Personal Injury Lawyers in 2014. But before working for HPI, Erich worked as a law clerk for a local Santa Barbara Real Estate law firm. Inspired by his managing attorneys, Erich decided to enroll at Santa Barbara College of Law. His motivation and drive allowed him to work during the day while getting through the grueling years of law school at night. Halfway through law school, Erich was offered a position at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers and started as a Case Manager. Erich then worked as a paralegal for the main litigating attorney in Santa Barbara. This experience allowed Erich to learn the process of litigating a personal injury case from start to finish. Erich has handled hundreds of cases in nearly every phase of a personal injury case’s lifetime. Erich truly enjoys helping innocent victims receive fair compensation for suffering an injury caused to them. The team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is honored to have Erich on the Los Angeles legal team.
- Was there someone who influenced you to be an attorney? “After graduating college, I was a law clerk for a small local firm who started out taking out the trash and making files. It was the attorneys there who inspired me and influenced me to go to law school at night after work, so I did.”
- What schools did you go to? “UC Santa Barbara and Santa Barbara College of Law”
- What do you like most about being a PI attorney? “The fact that we can represent anyone, rich or poor. We don’t work by the billable hour, we only work on contingency. Each of our clients gets the same level of high-quality representation regardless of their financial status.”
- What are you the most passionate about? “Writing, producing and playing music.”
- What is your philosophy when representing a case? “It is important to get to know your client on a personal level. You can’t get to know your client by simply reading their file. When you make an effort to get to know your client, you always fight harder for them.”
- Fav food in Los Angeles? “Jitlada Thai on Sunset Blvd”
- Favorite place to vacation? “Cabo San Lucas with my family.”
- Favorite band/concert? “I saw Brian Wilson in San Francisco one year. I met some of the Beach Boys after the concert. Their wives were in a hurry and didn’t let them sign my pet sounds album. Still respect them though.”
- A fun fact or something exciting about you or your life/family. “One of my songs was used in Harris Personal Injury’s Super Bowl commercial.”
- Lastly, how long have you been with HPI? “3 ½ years”