Studio City Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Studio City Truck Accident Attorneys
If you or a family member have been harmed in a trucking accident, our Studio City truck accident attorneys can help you pursue damages to help you get your health – and your finances – back on track. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to set up a free case assessment today. If you are unable to travel to our office to meet with us, we will come to you.
What Types of Truck Accident Cases Do We Handle?
We represent victims in trucking-related accidents including the following:
- Spilled cargo truck accidents
- Accidents caused by overloading a trailer
- Rollover accidents
- Tire blowout accidents
- Accidents caused by impaired or drowsy driving
- Blindspot truck accidents
- Truck accidents resulting in the wrongful death of a motorist
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Through our thorough investigation, we will determine the underlying cause of the truck accident and identify the specific factors contributing to the other party’s liability.
Our truck accident attorneys have discovered some of the most common causes of collisions involve:
- Truck driver fatigue or distraction
- Impaired driving
- Failure to keep a lookout or to check blind spots
- Unsafe merging or lane changing
- Illegal U-turns
- Defective parts
- Mechanical failures
- Negligent truck maintenance
- Unsecured or improperly secured loads
Identifying Liable Parties
Our lawyers are experienced in identifying the liable parties in truck accidents. Sometimes, the property party can be hard to identify. In addition to the driver, our attorneys have successfully brought claims on behalf of our clients against several parties, including:
- Trucking companies (for a faulty vehicle or improper driver training);
- Truck maintenance companies (for failure to properly maintain the vehicle);
- Vehicle manufacturers (for manufacturing faulty parts); and
- Cargo loading parties (for improper loading of the cargo).
Gathering Evidence to Support Your Truck Accident Claim
Commercial vehicles are regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), an organization that sets standards for truck drivers and transit companies. Failure to observe these standards can be proof of negligence.
If you were involved in an accident with a commercial vehicle, our attorneys will first review the facts of your case to look for compliance issues under FMCSA standards. We will conduct a thorough investigation to identify the cause of the crash and tailor our negotiation and litigation strategies accordingly.
Our attorneys may also gather the following forms of evidence:
- The police report
- Vehicle maintenance records
- Dashcam footage
- Photographs of the accident scene
- GPS data
- Eyewitness testimony
- Black box data
- The truck driver’s cell phone records
Discuss Your Claim with a Truck Accident Lawyer.
Whether you suffered injuries or your spouse, parent, or child passed away in a truck accident, you should seek legal advice. By working with a highly experienced truck accident lawyer, you have the best opportunity to obtain personal injury or wrongful death compensation. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are proud to have helped more than 5,000 clients obtain more than $300 million in settlements and court rulings.
To speak with us about your truck accident, contact us online or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS.